What do you do to unwind?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite things to discuss. What do you guys do to mellow out after a long, hard day?

For me, I love to take night walks, or stay at home and have a glass of red wine, and put some music on. During the summer, I usually take walks... However, if it's winter, I'll just sit down on the couch and just "space out".

In the words of Timothy Leary, I turn on, tune in, and drop out. Hahaha.

skyfire322

I like to get lost in gardening during the summer and during the winter sit back and relax.

I'm not so sure I can post what I do to mellow out. It does help with seizures though. Add on a nice evening walk and a good movie curled up with the girlfriend on the couch and I'm set. Just love when she falls asleep laying in my lap.

masturbate, I think it has come up in the past

I like to read, write, play video games and I also like to watch some good movies every once in a while. Mostly I read and write. I also spend a lot of time with my dog, she's the light of my life and she keeps me calm and is a great cuddler!

LOL Court!!

I spend time with my horses - I think they've kept me out of the nuthouse on many, many occasions.

I like to get all earthy crunchy and become one with nature. She always treats me well.

I really like to play with my bicycle and dance in traffic.

I really like to play with my bicycle and dance in traffic.

Do you dance naked or fully clothed? I prefer to dance naked in traffic, personally. It attracts more attention.

I love to go on a bike ride. usually a walk with my dog to reflect on the conditions at hand. And get ice cream to go eat while reading or getting on line for info (that last one is problematic for me, takes so much of my time) I love checking in here each night.

I knit. Socks, a bag to felt, sweaters. Love the rhythm, the sense of accomplishment, the colors, the feel.

I currently surf the internet, play pc games, build LEGO models, go fishing.

But I'm planning at trying my hand at painting soon. I believe it would be most rewarding, stress free activity I can do.

Plot world domination.

Write poetry, do witchy stuff, sit in the park shouting 'it's always the joggers that find the bodies - suspicious much'.

Surf the net, gossip on the phone.

Q

Plot world domination.

Write poetry, do witchy stuff, sit in the park shouting 'it's always the joggers that find the bodies - suspicious much'.

Surf the net, gossip on the phone.

Q

I like you already. I'll bet so many people have fears of joggers now.

I like to tell police that they must be very proud of themselves to have the guaranteed, unearned respect that they get from all of us fearful, cowed normies.
No, really, reading. taking an evening walk.

Cigarettes & Coffee!!!! without which I would not be able to function in "normal society"

I wind down walking, video games, reading. In the summer I literaly dance in the rain, in the winter skating and sleding and a good snow ball fight

I usually try to go for a nice long walk, also spend a bit of time surfing the net or might play games on my phone.

For me it's curling up with the cat and reading a good book..

I like to tell police that they must be very proud of themselves to have the guaranteed, unearned respect that they get from all of us fearful, cowed normies.
No, really, reading. taking an evening walk.

I like to tell the State Troopers all they're good for is driving around and wasting gas. Insert my proclivity for irritation against law enforcement in the general mainstream; at least State Troopers. They seem the most superfluous.

When I'm not doing that I'm busy harassing city cops by jeering at them silently for having pulled over a young woman who was going 40 in a 35 and just happened to pass him so his cajones must've gotten bruised. Read, me when I could still drive. Argued my way out of a ticket. I'll have to amend my statement to my friend when I see her again, how many times I've been pulled over.

Back
Top Bottom