What is your favorite book?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Sheri

New
Reaction score
I am updating my list of books that I want to read. I would like to know what your favorite book is. :pop:

Hmmmm, I

have several favorites. One that comes to mind right off the top of my head is The Adventures of Tom Sawyer....

Oh, well,

I have a long list of authors that I love to read....LOLOL. Don't get me started on that, or Sheri may never come up for air!

I'm an omnivorous reader, but I'm especially fond of short stories (good for short attention span). I recommend Alice Munro for those.

I am seriously into James Rollings Sigma Force series at the moment, but am currently reading Dan Brown's new book "The Lost Symbol". That will probably give you an idea of the type of genre I like :)

Anything by Kim Stanley Robinson - especially The Mars series (Science Fiction)
Anything by Harry Turtledove - The Worldwar series and The Colonization series (Alternative History and Science Fiction)

I also like Tolstoy.

I was impressed by Orson Scott Cards' Ender trilogy and his Lives of Alvin the Maker (SF-phantasy)

I graduated in Dutch language, literature and communications, so I do have a few Dutch favorites I won't bore you with. ;)

Diana Gabaldon's new one is coming out tomorrow. Love time-travel!

Jodie Piccoult is my favourite writer, but I also love James Patterson books, And anything by Tess Gerritsen.

Harry Potter

I just found Harry Potter and Philosophy (If Aristotle Ran Hogwarts) It is Not by JK Rowling, but by David Bagget and Shawn E Klein.
I also have Kluge, Music and the Mind and stuff like that.
I have read an autobiography of Ian (Mac) MacLagan, and Tina Turner.
My guilty readings are the text books for school.:roflmao:
The philosophy book is interesting, and I was thinking it might be a thread all its own.

I love anything by Terry Pratchett and Lesley Pearse. Very different genre's, i know!

But my favourite set of books ever is Juliet Marrillier's Sevenwaters Trilogy. I've read and reread them all countless times.

Mind you, i also read anything i can get my hands on. Books about the world, stars, natural phenomena, all sorts of factual and world interest books.

Books about animals and stuff too, and i think i still have quite a few of my vet science books. Oh yeah, and MANY on different religions and spiritialism.

I have an interesting and eclectic library at home. I like to learn about anything and everything, but i also like my fiction.

the giver. Not sure who it is by, but i read it for school and its great

The Celestine Prophecy

My all time favorite book is "The Celestine Prophecy" written by James Redfield. There's a few sequels but nothing like the 1st. It's actually a book that helps you to become more aware of what's going on around you. It's not true, but definitely a good one. I still use most of what I learned from this book and I loved it so much I actually did a college paper on it and bought about 50 copies for family and friends. Only a few actually read it and those that did LOVED IT and couldn't put it down. I was actually racing home to read it. It talks about 9 insights into life (LOVE THEM ALL!!!) and they all unfold one by one through a wild journey the author takes you on. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Back
Top Bottom