When people don't know you're joking

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I love to make people laugh. I'm always joking around with people I know and people in stores and other places that don't know.

I was recently in the grocery store trying to figure out if I wanted to get a watermelon. A man that worked there was putting them out and told me they were fresh so I decided to get one.

I was having trouble picking it up so the man put it in the buggy for me. I asked him if he'd come home and cut it up for me too but he said with the most serious look on his face "I'm sorry but we don't do that. There are some already cut up over on the counter."

I got a good laugh out of that one!

Yes, I have a pretty good "straight face" too. I wink a lot so people know I'm kidding. They probably think I have a twitch...

Oh my gosh, that guy has zero sense of humor. :p. Or maybe just really hates his job..

I like to make people smile too..and hope they don't always take me seriously.

I like to make jokes a lot. My latest one is if I tell someone I have E I add on "Just call me trembles!" or "Just call me shakes!" onto it just to break the ice and give them a laugh before I tell them to go ahead and ask questions.

My favorite thing to do is be sarcastic. Sometimes I'm too good at sarcasm so I think people think I'm being serious when I'm not. Or maybe it's the Asperger's in me coming through. Who knows!

Back
Top Bottom