who is getting the snow in the north?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
How bad is it really? I'm down in Georgia and there is no snow for us just cold temps till the sun comes, and it's only suppose to get up to 51 today.:twocents:

Although I'm on the other side of the pond, I'm wondering the same as you for the UK.

We've been 'promised' some of the worst winter storms for years- especially in the north- but for most of the past week it's been nice and sunny down here in the south.

Still a bit chilly of course lol but I'm going down to the beach in a bit for a coffee and a smoke (jacket still required).

I'm finding it hard to believe there's going to be feet of snow soon :s

SlimBlue

There is winds of 110 km/ph forecast for tomorrow in Ireland, Thursday & Friday snow is promised minimum of 3" (3 inches), The wind is supposed to reach England by Friday and then the snow is due Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in England with a minimum dept of 6" (6 inches)

WOW!!! I have to say, the sun went in not long after I posted lol, but it's still only been light cloud.

I better go and buy some wellies then :(

SlimBlue

Thats the forecast but I normally go by the cattle and the sky.

I am "north" but on the West Coast side of Canada and we have been experiencing milder than usual temperatures the past few days - much like early Spring.

Lol not many cattle here :)

And the sky can be hard to read as well- we get real fast cloud fronts come in off the sea, and it's hard to tell if they're gonna stay, or go just as fast.

It's funny- all winter long I've been worrying about flooding, but now it seems I should've been preparing for snow instead!

Oh well- at least I can use those sand bags as grit :p

We're up to 21" of snow so far. And there's a travel ban -- no one's allowed on the roads still in eastern Massachusetts.

Nakamova

You have 21" of snow and a travel ban, if we get 2 or 3 mm of snow we think its bad. Its the winds that bother me, the bird bath nearly hit the car 2 weeks ago.

That's a mighty powerful wind! You'd better keep your eyes out for sheep flying by.

Nakamova

I had thought of that and was considering it believe it or not but I was thinking of the dog when he goes outside. I can just see him flying through the air, I am afraid to think what would happen if he got the keys of the car.

As long as he doesn't drink and drive, should be okay...

Nakamova

I would not say "should be okay" you do not know this dog, even I am worried.

Sorry, Nak, you guys got all the snow. NYC preemptively banned traffic and shut down public transportation for the very first time for snow-- and nothing happened. We had a normal snow here maybe 4-6 inches.

giveasmile

You must have sent it across the Atlantic, because it has arrived.

Sorry, Nak, you guys got all the snow. NYC preemptively banned traffic and shut down public transportation for the very first time for snow-- and nothing happened. We had a normal snow here maybe 4-6 inches.
It's not the size of the snowfall... ;)

You must have sent it across the Atlantic, because it has arrived.
Sorry, Liam. I'll mail you a snow shovel to help.

Nakamova

The wind arrived last night and today and the snow is falling still, they got there figures wrong about the wind speed, it had to be more.

Back
Top Bottom