Woo Hoo!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skillefer

New
Reaction score
Yeee Haw!

Getting my new hearing aids this week! Went in for a fitting last week...hubby nearly cried. They were checking to see what would work best. There was a flick of a switch and all of a sudden my hubby wasn't mumbling and I could actually follow the conversation they were having. When I started to talk too, my hubby said that even my speech had changed. Before, I had a slight slur to my speech. Now to see what my kids have been saying when I have my back turned!:twisted:

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy! that's awesome skillifer.

Maybe it's time I got my ears checked out too. Partner says I've been getting worse with the hearing and the understanding what he's saying. Personally, I blame his mumbling, but maybe he has a point...

:woot: :woot:

Thats great to hear.
The same thing happened to my mum. They were testing her hearing, then he asked my mum to get my dad from the waiting room and told me dad "When she says I didnt hear you, she reallys means I didnt hear you. She's deaf." and my dad got all embarrased because they had an argument that morning about my mum not listening!

Mumbling...

the hearing tech pointed out to my hubby that his diction is not as clear as it could be. She had a hard of hearing parent, so she learned to speak very precisely. My hubby has a very smooth voice where the beginnings and ending sounds of words are more difficult to distinguish. It's just how he learned to talk. Because of that, he comes across as "mumbling". Add that to the fact that everything sounds to me the way it would to the average person if they had their head underwater in the pool, and you see what my hearing is like. :) But with the new hearing aids, it is soooo much better!

Awwwwwww

Skilly, that is just TOO COOOL!!! I'm soooooo HAPPY for you!!!:woot::woot:

Like Rae said.... Great to hear! :rock:

Last edited:
SKillefer,

That is so wonderful. Congratulations! I know what it's like to lose hearing volume/quality, but only for a bit due to ear infections. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be that way all the time. But I can imagine how joyful it is to get it back! :woot:

*yeah*

:banana::piano::brock::yippee::boogie::disco:

LOL...can you tell I'm excited?? :)
Now I get to go through the entire insurance battle to see if I can get the insurance company to at least reimburse me for part of the cost....
I feel like the bionic woman...every morning I put in my contacts (eyes) and my hearing aids (ears)...I'm just fallin apart. :)

Back
Top Bottom