Working From Home??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

allie510

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea about working from home (medical billing; office work, etc.)
I would love to start working from home, esp. now that I am definitely not driving. I am a little stressed out because I just got hired to work at a health insurance company and I now cant make it to that job. I am a stay at home mother and i am stressed about how I am now going to provide for my child. A job from home would be the greatest thing right now.
Any input on how to get started would help.
Thxz
Allie

Childcare, tutoring, helping people organize their lives, aid at a preschool or elem school (not at home but closeby), specialty crafts and sell them on etsy.... I'm a thinkin'...

Have you considered asking the company that you work for if you can do the work at home?? Some companies are really flexible that way.

I like Robin's idea of helping others organize their life. I would pay for that! Do you play any musical instrument you might be able to give lessons? Are you a good cook? My mother who is medically retired bakes some wonderful casseroles and sells them frozen to families in her church. She makes pretty good money that way. Have a camera? Freelance photography? Good at planning parties? Party planner. Make gift baskets, Mother's Day is coming up. Is there a good farmers market in your area? You could market your wares there or take out an ad on Craigslist? If you bake, you can take samples to Dr.appt's and put your cards on the dish, available for parties. OR

Virtual Assistant. Do you have excellent typing and proofing skills?

Do you enjoy helping people?

Are you familiar with the Internet and enjoy learning new things about it?

Do you already know several people who could utilize your services?

Are you capable of making a great income and will stop at nothing to make it happen
Here is a link to starting a VA career.
http://mommysavers.com/work-at-home-moms/vitual-assistant.shtml

There's a lot of online sites that sell home made lotions and soaps. they're geared towards people who want all natural soaps and lotions to avoid the chemicals that our systems get inundated with. I made a batch of lotion bars the other week and it's really not that hard to do. The ingredients aren't too expensive, and considering that the prices that the sites charge are anywhere between 6-10 dollars per bar...you'd recoup any investment after selling 2 bars of lotion. You could start small and just sell them locally at farmer's markets first, fairs, local boutique stores, church, etc....

Just a thought. :)

you guys are awesome thank you so much!!!!

I have experience doing data entry, reception, customer service and working in inbound calling centers. I also have 30 credits in Paralegal studies and Im working on my Assoc. deg. in that field.

This whole situation is just making so many changes already im so worried because after getting home last night I realized that there really isn't anyone that can take me ANYWHERE but to my Dr's appt. and even the Neuro. told me that I need to do my best to stay independent so that I don't get depressed and continue my care.
Please keep the ideas coming.

There's a lot of online sites that sell home made lotions and soaps. they're geared towards people who want all natural soaps and lotions to avoid the chemicals that our systems get inundated with. I made a batch of lotion bars the other week and it's really not that hard to do. The ingredients aren't too expensive, and considering that the prices that the sites charge are anywhere between 6-10 dollars per bar...you'd recoup any investment after selling 2 bars of lotion. You could start small and just sell them locally at farmer's markets first, fairs, local boutique stores, church, etc....

Just a thought. :)

this sounds good I am VERY good with starting websites and stuff ...I can probably sell them on E-Bay or start my own Blog Spot account with a pay pal link? Good thought! Thanks

Boy I would think that with you already having insurance background there may be an opportunity to do medical billing. From either side Dr's or insurance companies. Good luck.

Boy I would think that with you already having insurance background there may be an opportunity to do medical billing. From either side Dr's or insurance companies. Good luck.

I have a medical billing certificate and I know how to do it... Just don't know how to get started ...

ya can also if do crafys sellem at craft fair but main reason leaveing you this is i wouldnt use blog spot or ebay try bravenet its free sight that ya can have some control over what gose on more then other places

I normally work in an office, but with today's technology, I can sit at home and do almost anything that I can do at my desk. If I am not feeling well or working in the evening, I just login in to work and from home.

If you can find the right company, it sounds like this should work for you. You may need to find a way to go into an office once a week or something, but that would be the second hurdle.

Lots of companies are moving this direction to help employees and to save on office costs.

Back
Top Bottom