World Youth Day

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jazz'smum

New
Reaction score
We recently had World Youth Day in Sydney, Australia.

We had the WYD Cross and Icon through our Diocese several months ago, myself and Jacinta were blessed enough to touch the cross and have a photo with it.

I watched masses and celebratations live on television as i could not be in Sydney, sorry now i wasn't..it was amazing!

We had pilgrims stay locally prior to going to Sydney with lots of celebrations and masses.

I prayed when I could all of you were in my prayers.
Bless you all Cheryl

pope_benedict.jpg

Ohio was there.

A co-worker of my wife traveled to WYD as a chaperone. We are eager to hear her stories.

I believe that no matter what your religion or even if you do not follow religion that World Youth Day is an inspiring HOPE for the future. The lives of many young people set a direction with WYD as a cornerstone of their foundation. It is a very positive gathering without boundaries and accepting of all.

That is one of the things that most of us here hope for is the day when Epilepsy is accepted by all.

Would be great to hear of her experience Buckeyefan.

I couldnt agree with you more. :agree:

I am so jealous! WYD is an amazing event. Thank youfor keeping us in your prayers.

I attended WYD when it was in Denver in 94. I attended in Paris in 97 and in Florence in 00. All, of course, were presided over by JP II.

What do you think of Pope Benedict?

Wow Wonderdogs! that would have been amazing!
You should try to get to Spain for next WYD.
My daughter wants to go after watching events here..I feel bad i didnt take them now...I should have taken time off from work!

I love Pope Benedict! he has such a beautiful disposition and you can see that he acknowledges every person and is genuine.
My girls think he is adorable!
Watching him pick up a baby from the crowds and kiss it's head brought tears to my eyes.

Thankyou and will keep praying for all.
Cheryl.

Back
Top Bottom