Yay, it's that time of year again for me

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
Welp, my hockey preseason has started, after the club managed to secure new sponsors, we have got a whole new uniform free of charge.

The few few rounds are usually a tough slog, as the field averages around 100F (37 C) during the game, as was the case for my first trial match - The field is always hotter than the surrounds and icier in winter. My team scored a league promotion into the Australian equivalent of the ECHL thanks to last season's results, so this was a huge thing for my team. We won with a neat 2-1 victory including the flukiest goal I've ever scored...a shot directly into the goalies pads which deflected back onto my stick and into the goal - I was playing out of position as is normal for trials.

With the proper season set to get underway in 2 weeks, it'll be interesting to see what happens

My first thought was ice hockey (since it's our winter here, and we just got 8 inches of snow). :)

Have fun and remember to stay hydrated!

My first thought was ice hockey (since it's our winter here, and we just got 8 inches of snow). :)

Same thing here LOL. I'm a big hockey fan!

Love your profile pix by the way - Let's Go PENS!!

Same thing here LOL. I'm a big hockey fan!

Love your profile pix by the way - Let's Go PENS!!

Hehehe, Unfortunately ice hockey isn't big here so it's mostly field hockey...even though we have a national league for ice hockey - I'm a massive hockey fan myself so I love all forms of the sport.

Lets Go Pens - Whilst I'm still hoping we're a chance of making the playoffs and being a real contender, I've got a uneasy feeling about it, we've thrown away too many easy matches for us to have a decent chance.

Back
Top Bottom