Yikes! I finally scheduled my CPA exam!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LynnW

New
Reaction score
OK, so I've had my Notice to Schedule for the Auditing section of the CPA exam since January. This means that I have been approved to take it, and have paid my fee. I get 6 months from the date I paid to schedule the exam.

I have been putting off scheduling the exam, and slacking in my studying for the past couple of months, using as excuses my recent E diagnosis, my mother's open heart surgery, and other various bad things that have happened this spring. I think, though, if I'm being honest with myself, the real reason is that I'm really scared that I'll do badly.

Well, no more excuses. As of today, I am scheduled to take the exam on May 27. :eek:

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been or is going through a similar experience - some kind of certification, final exams, anything. Maybe we can encourage each other and try to keep each other on track for preparing.

Gotta go, I'm going to try to get some studying in before I have to leave for work!

You can do it!!!

Don't get too worried about the exam. Study hard and do the best you can. Rely on your business sense when you are not sure. Is the answer reasonable???

Remember that the failure rate on the first round is pretty high (at least it used to be), so don't fret over the questions you can't answer. Make sure you get all of those you do know completed.

Get on a VERY regular regimen with your meds starting now so that your body is prepared for the stress as best as it can.

You have my full support!!!!!

:clap:

Good Luck! Here's wishing you all the best!

:)

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I think my major stumbling block at this point (besides not feeling adequately prepared) is my intense nervousness. I get scared just thinking about the exam. My mind tends to blank out when I am nervous. I'm doing OK with tolerating the meds, so that shouldn't be and issue.

All I can do is plan for the worst, and hope for the best. And study, study, study.

I'm Dooooomed!

Recently released first quarter 2008 pass rates for AUD section of CPA exam:

44.66%

Not exactly encouraging. :(

Would everyone please keep me in your thoughts for next Tuesday's exam. I think I am beyond any hope of passing. I just want to survive the experience!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers....but just remember, test taking is not just about studying...it's also about the attitude you walk in with. Walk in knowing that you are going to pass. To not pass is inconceivable. Trust your gut instict on answers. Use common sense. Don't overthink the questions. Get good sleep the night before, and eat a good breakfast. Be relaxed. You're going to do fine. :)

Here's a Cheat Sheet - LOL!

I agree with the post. Try not to think of it as
'being a test' but rather the 'same old stuff,
same old garbage' - 'easy in, easy out' and
with the attitude that you've mastered this
stuff that you can do this blindfolded.

If you have this in mind, you would accomplish
this easily and the nervousness of having to
take the test will fade away and to you it becomes
another 'same old, same old - it's a breeze'
attitude.

This is what my Neuropsychologist from my
Junior High School days taught me when I
used to freak-out on tests; He taught me as
he knew my shortcomings and memory difficulties
and worked with me on it, and once I learned how
it was "EZ STREET".

It really works when you stop seeing tests and
exams as tests and exams - honest!

To quote him - he said this:

Think of it this way, 'Garbage in, garbage out,
you know this stuff. What's your problem kiddo?"

I was like "Ummmm"

(And he's the same person who got me to stop
saying "Ummmm" all the time! *laughs*)

:roflmao:

Thanks, guys!

Very good advice. This really helps. I will work on my attitude. Skillefer, I will try to get plenty of sleep Monday night, but I'm not sure how much success I will have. I had my first test nightmare last night. Interestingly, my dentist was also in the dream....coincidence?

My husband and kids have been telling me "Oh, don't worry, you'll do great". This is just stressing me out more! They have NO idea. What if I don't do great? What I really need to hear from them is "Do your best. We'll love you regardless of how you do".

BTW, Brain, where did that cheat sheet go? I couldn't find it in your post!

If your hubby and kids need to be telling you "Do your best. We'll love you no matter what." , then tell them that! They aren't mind readers... :) Sometimes we forget that about our families....I know I do. :) I figure my hubby should know me so well that he should be able to know exactly what to say and when...I keep forgetting that mindreading is not his forte. :)

So.... Do your best. We'll love you know matter what happens. :) ;)

Back
Top Bottom