Your pet's name

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nicholasscott21-albums-296-wilf-picture2407t-untitled-19.jpg

My dog was a rescued dog. We came together when he was one and a half years old. His original name was Learch. I went to the rescue home intending to get a black and white dog and I was to name him Wilf.

We were best friends until he passed on at thirteen. I miss him but somehow feel him around me.

At the same time as having wilf I had four cats, Joey, Josie, Georgie and Naughtie. and a terrapin named Harry who reached the age of twenty two!

Sadly they have all passed on now and where I live I am not allowed pets.
It's a shame because they give unconditional love and are very therapeutic.

I chose names which I liked except Naughtie cat, he was simply naughtie so that's how he got his name!

:)
Sorry they are gone now. And have you thought about smaller animals? Technically, birds, hamsters, fish and stuff aren't considered "pets". That's why I'm allowed to have birds. (who adore me :D )

Thanks Aaleayha, I do have a pond and I keep goldfish in it. I care for them daily.
Nick
xx

Pai (shortened from paikea) is the name of my favorite movie character from Whale Rider.

I love that name and that movie!!! I wish I had thought of it for my little baby.

Oh well, I love the name I gave her, too. She's a terrier mix called Skeeter :) We used to have another terrier ( a male) called Scooter named for the character in the Muppet Show. She looks almost exactly like him, almost like she could be his sister, so she's Skeeter like Scooter's sister from the Muppets. I remembered too late that Skeeter is also not such a nice character in the Harry Potter books (Rita Skeeter):( My sweety's nothing like that Skeeter.

My other baby used to be my sister's dog, and her family had already named him Finn for Huckleberry Finn. His brother, who they still have, is Sawyer :)

I currently have a cat named Ivy, Climbing Ivy or Poison Ivy depending on her mood :gob:. I've had many pet rats including Squish, Houdini, Eek, and Snuffles.

I currently have 5 cats. Charlie, Bandit, Rusty, Trivium, and Neelix.
I found and rescued Charlie and Bandit (boy and girl) when hurricane Charlie hit Florida.
Rusty came 6 months later. He is the only one given to me that wasn't rescued from anywhere or anyone.
Trivium was almost hit by a mowing tractor out in the country. A friend gave it to me when he was very small. The poor thing was underweight and had mange.
But he was a scrapper, and with TLC, he bounced back. He is still very shy around people, and flinches when I throw small wads of paper for the others to play with.
Neelix is the baby. He is approximately two years old. The previous owners were going to toss him out, because he terrified their dog, and was tearing up the house. I swapped him for two empty boxes I was going to trash. Best trade I ever made.
Neelix has this long stripe of orange down his back, and is still mischievous.
I trained him, and got him to calm down a lot. I used a spray bottle of water when he started to tear stuff up. The others out wrestled him, and he realized the he wasn't Mr. Bada..
He still grabs my finger with his teeth, but that is when he decides I'm too rough with him. He never bites, but I understand that he is defending himself, so I talk to him and he lets go.
He is also the only one that can unroll TP from the back side. A new roll in the morning has wound up as a creative pile by the time I return home from work.

Last edited:
I used a spray bottle of water when he started to tear stuff up.

I did this with my cats too. All they have to do is see the bottle now and instantly stop what ever it is that they are doing!

I have what could be referred to as a zoo...

Buddah- SiameseX...TONS of personality! Named because when he was a wee kitten he always had a big tummy (like a buddah!)
Tang- Orange Tabby (hence the name "Tang" after the orange drink)
Yoda- Manx, he has big satellite ears like a Yoda (that and he's wise beyond his years)
Caesar- BullmastiffXRotti- Love of my life! Named because at the time I got him I was doing a re-write of the fall of Caesar for our drama program.
Nola- Named after the township she was born in :)
Scrappy- Terri-Poo, named after his scrappy looks
Chico- Pinto Pony, named for his cheeky personality
Sandy- TBX probably named because of his sand coloured coat he had as a youngster (now he's more of a red-hue)
Titan- POA, named Titan after his stocky and broad build, not to mention his very pushy and "full-of-himself" personality
Uno- Abbysinian Guinea Pig, named Uno because he thinks he's #1
Finnigan- Smooth Haired American GP, named for his timid but sweet boyish personality
Timbit "Timmy"- Lavender coated Gerbil Named after my professor, because they both seem to have ADD, lively personality and grey...err I mean "silver" coloured hair.
Megu- Gerbil, named for his sluggish and calm, "mature" personality
Pip- long coated Syrian hamster- Name once again influenced by my lovely British prof.
Bali- Hooded rat- Named for the fact that I love the Bali Islands
Frankie- Hooded Rat- Hmmm can't remember...something from school...

LOVE my babies!!!! Every animal listed here is a rescue =) and receives nothing but the best care!

We adopted two kitties from the shelter, brother and sister. We named them Marilyn and Manson. Marilyn after Marilyn Monroe and she fits her name to a T. She is sweet, beautiful and can be a real "B" word if you cross her. Manson after Charles Manson, and yes he will look and stare at you very seriously with a crazy look in his eye and then tear off around the house. Hes wicked crazy and loads of fun. :) Both cats have great personalities that compliment each other and our family.

We adopted two kitties from the shelter, brother and sister. We named them Marilyn and Manson. Marilyn after Marilyn Monroe and she fits her name to a T. She is sweet, beautiful and can be a real "B" word if you cross her. Manson after Charles Manson, and yes he will look and stare at you very seriously with a crazy look in his eye and then tear off around the house. Hes wicked crazy and loads of fun. :) Both cats have great personalities that compliment each other and our family.

I like the names of your cats lol.
When I 1st saw the cats names I thought maybe you named them after Marilyn Manson lol :roflmao:

nicholasscott21-albums-296-wilf-picture2407t-untitled-19.jpg

My dog was a rescued dog. We came together when he was one and a half years old. His original name was Learch. I went to the rescue home intending to get a black and white dog and I was to name him Wilf.

We were best friends until he passed on at thirteen. I miss him but somehow feel him around me.
Hi Nick,

Wilf looks like a great dog. Was he a Border Collie?
Sorry that your pets are all gone now.

I had a dog Jake which I got in 1996 when I was still living at home, I couldn't think of a name for him at 1st & ended up getting his name by putting together the 1st letter of my parents names, 1 of my brothers names & my name (J-A-K-E) :roflmao:.
I moved out of home in 1999 & couldn't have any pets where I moved to so Jake stayed with my parents but they took really good care of him for me. He got diabetes in 2004, we didn't think he would live long but lived for another 3 years until his diabetes got to bad & we had to have him put down in 2007 :(.

Last edited:
The first cats I owned when I was on my own were Stanley and Oliver.
Anybody care to guess?

I have a cheeky little Jack Russell called Connie. I can't decide if it's short for con-artist or convict. Just when you think she's gorgeous she'll steal your wallet or bolt through the house with the toilet brush. Yes, the toilet brush....sigh...

She's naughty, but not really in a bad way. She ate my earplugs this morning. Thankfully they are very soft and squishy and come out the other end without an issue. Yes, this has happened before. She found them before I could put them out of her reach. The ironic bit is I only wear them because she snores while sleeping at the end of my bed =)

She's very good with kids, does loads of tricks and generally, is a beautiful little dog. So much personality too =)

I had a cat named Sylvester- he was black and white so we named him after the cartoon character. ;o)
After he died, we got two other cats- sisters from the same litter. Their names are Callie and Puffy. I don't know how "Puffy" came about, but Callie is a Calico so... yeah, my mom picked that name.
I also have had 2 Betta fish. The first one was blue and I named it "Sunshine Spacetweezers" after a quote from the TV show "Dharma and Greg". lol. And the second one was red and I named him "Bert" after Luke's toolbox (according to Lorelai) on "Gilmore Girls".

I have a beagle/pointer cross named Bocephus. My husband named him after a nickname of his favourite singer Hank Williams Jr.
I also have a cat named Milo. He came with the name Chino which I wasn't crazy about so I kept a name ending with "o" and I thought it had a nice sound to it.
They were both rescues too!
It's funny...you'd think we'd have our hands full looking after ourselves but it's good to take care of a little animal. It's good to feel needed and loved unconditionally.

We have a 8-month old boxer dog called Joekie, she's a girl.
And we do have twp cats, a big fat red male cat called Maximus and a tiny grey & black striped pussycat called Ieniemienie.

We just rescued a 10 week old black lab pup named Swoosh. He's the cutest thing. We've had him for a week now, and oh me goodness I forgot how much 'work' puppies are LOL. So totally worth it tho.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Let's see my oldest is Wednesday named after the Addams family she's a Heinz 57, then there's the husky/lab girl named Leeloo after the 5th Element, then there's Snoopy, Mimi, and Rufus my Jack Russells, and then theres Boots and George the ferrets.

Bunny rabbit named Sparky Jr. I wanted to name him Junior because he looked just like my last rabbit except the colors were reverse. But my father wanted to call him Sparky because "he looks like a spark plug." So we compromised and now he has two names.

I have a dog named Jazmine and cat named Jamocha and a horse named Tess.
Jazmine got her becuase I like that name but we call her Jazzy for short.
Jamocha got her name because I wanted something that was different then the same old names you hear all the time.
Last but not least, Tess got her name from a song, that's what the person said when I asked her about it.
I love my animals sooo much. I do wish I had my cat with me but my husband and I live with his mom and step dad and they don't want cats. So I have to wait untill we get our own place, becuase right now she's livening back home with my parents.

Back
Top Bottom