Your pet's name

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have a cat called *cough* catty (this was chosen by my 4 and 5 year old boys)
and 2 bunnies called jake and luke! :)

We (my husband and I) have a dog that we found that was abandoned and we named her Repo since we own a towing company. :)

My parents recently got 2 little dogs from someone who was getting rid of them.
They got a 7 month old Male Labradoodle x Terrier which was named Winston & a 12 month old Papilion x Terrier name Sharlee. Both dogs were already named that when my parents got them, they didn't like the name Winston so changed it to Toby.
Funny thing is Toby seems to come when you call him Toby but never came when you called him Winston LMAO.

It looks like both pups weren't looked after properly by their previous owner but they have settled in well at my parents place & are getting spoilt by my parents :).

2 guinea pigs. The one with the crazy hair is Peanut. The smooth haired one is Coco. Don't know why we have a theme of food going, lol. Mmmmm chocolate covered peanuts. :D

I recently acquired a new cockatiel called Smokey :) He was a friend's and i looked after him for a week while she was on holiday and he's just ended up staying! She said he seemed much happier with me and she felt guilty because she didn't have much time for him.

I taught him to say "bugger" while she was away hehe.

Back Story quick, I had lost my Great Dane 2 years Prior Isis. Protection Devotion... many other qualities of the goddess, but she was my protector, my world. When I lost her I really didn't think I would be able to fill my heart again like that, until Isadora, which means gift from Isis. I saw her on petfinder one day, and no one was going to tell me I couldn't have her...
Then there was is my foster failure. :) My boy Proud Pete. A shelter found him a 25 pound pure bread emaciated, American Pit Bull Terrier, with scars, and marks on his back indicating him running away from something, they named him "Pitiful Pete"... after the rescue I fostered for gave him to me, 70 pounds now, his full name is Proud Pete, or as his daddy calls him Peter the batman. Trust.. it fits.

Indoor cats.
Cosmo
Cassidy
Montie
Rusty
------
Outdoor cats.
Chloe
Briar

PepperAnne is from a cartoon, she is our 12 year old cat, Louie, was pre-named, he is the dog, and the poor Bunny, is Bunny or Buster (off of the cartoon show Arthur).

Amadeus was my English Thoroughbred - "Beloved of God"
Wolfgang was my German Shepherd/Great Dane mix - he came into my life when Amadeus died suddenly.
Mozart is my American Thoroughbred - he completes the trilogy

That's me and Just Reward in my avatar - a wonderful horse with a heart of gold. He was truly my just reward!

Enjoy the moment!

Oh boy this is gonna be rough (or ruff lol)

I lost my Chihuahua wiener mix last week. We had him for four years. I hated him for silly things but. I truly loved him. I miss him terribly and think I am just now grieving as I write this....:(

His name was stoney. He wasn't fixed and had.... errrr large stones.

the lord is my shepherd

Conan is my Pembroke Welsh Corgi (my avatar). It took a few weeks after picking him up from the breeder to name him. His full name is Sir Conan of Stubby Legs, HT. The HT is a Herding Tested titled awarded by AKC for dogs who complete two very easy runs on sheep under two different judges. It basically tests for herding instinct. Right now we just train in obedience.

My German Shepherd is Danni. That's the name she had when I got her from her breeder at 11 months old. I kept it. She's 2.5 now, and we train in Schutzhund/IPO. Her full name is Danni vom Mathenhaus.

I have two hedgehogs, Thom and Guy. They came from Craigslist, from a mom who said her son never played with them anymore. They were only 6 months old. Guy was attacked by one of their dogs and only has three legs now.

I have a betta fish named Chibi. He's chill.

Right now I have my sister's cat while she's going through some issues and can't currently house her. Her name is Pounce. She's hysterical.

It's a full house. But I love them all.

Oh boy this is gonna be rough (or ruff lol)

I lost my Chihuahua wiener mix last week. We had him for four years. I hated him for silly things but. I truly loved him. I miss him terribly and think I am just now grieving as I write this....:(

His name was stoney. He wasn't fixed and had.... errrr large stones.

the lord is my shepherd
Aw sorry to see you recently lost your chihuahua.
It is so hard when a pet dies as they are such a big part of our lives.

Thanks. He's the second one we lost this yr. We have one more. Bobby. He's a good little mutt.

the lord is my shepherd

I had to put one of my cats down a year and a half ago and it was really hard so I know what you are going through Mama Duck4. My husband took me right from the humane society to Pet Smart (where they have animals from pounds that you can adolpt) and we brought home another one.

The poor little girl was so scared in the carrier on the way home that she pooped herself. We had to drive home on the highway with the windows down and snow coming down outside because it smelt so bad. I got her cleaned up at the house then she got really scared again and pooped herself again.

Now she rules the house!

my wife named our last german shepard tanner because he was tanner than the one we had before

I have a 9 mo old ratterrier...and a 10 ish year old rescue. 3 cats and they are my babies. The best listeners you ever met.šŸ’—šŸ¶

MACY was our last dog.

When we got her, we found out she was born around Thanksgiving. My daughter's loved the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and thus we then had a dog with a somewhat odd name (for a dog).

Ended up with us for 12 years.

Back
Top Bottom