[News] Arizona Man Cured of Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Seems that there's been a lot of stories of epilepsy in the news lately; some good news stories, too! :tup:

yes, this is a good one! Keep 'em coming.

Thanks Cint. A hypothalamic hamartoma is exactly what I have. They're very unusual & very hard to access because of where the hypothalamus is which is why laser surgery is so commonly used for them.

They do need to do more tests on me to confirm that this is exactly what is causing the seizures (they make absolutely no assumptions) but I still have to discuss what type of surgery might be best.

Eric,

Are you considering having this type of surgery for your seizures?

It's definitely a consideration. The surgeon said he'd call me & we'll talk about what might be best under what conditions.

They still have more testing to do so they're not sure what they think is best yet.

It's definitely a consideration. The surgeon said he'd call me & we'll talk about what might be best under what conditions.

They still have more testing to do so they're not sure what they think is best yet.

Keep us posted on what you decide. It would be nice to be seizure free!?!!

Keep us posted on what you decide. It would be nice to be seizure free!?!!

That would be nice but I refuse to get my hopes up that high.

Something I do know from researching a type of laser surgery called Gamma Knife Surgery is that the older one is the less likelihood they have of being rid of their seizures.

I will keep everyone informed though.

Back
Top Bottom