[News] This caught my attention

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

epileric

Veteran
Reaction score
Daniel Paillé, the Bloc Quebecois leader is stepping down because of epilepsy

Bloc Quebecois leader Daniel Paillé is stepping down as leader of the federal separatist party due to health reasons.

"I am leaving as a preventive measure, for myself and for the party," said Paillé.

"For several months I've had feelings of illness, and a diagnosis has determined it's a form of epilepsy. It's rare, it's manageable, but in a lifestyle that is stable, that is a normal lifestyle."

Paillé said that being in politics requires extraordinary endurance and that is not something he is able to provide any longer.

"Life in politics requires extra endurance. It's not a full-time job, it's a job that requires your whole life."

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/bloc-que...ng-for-health-reasons-1.1595184#ixzz2ngMJSc81

1) it's not rare. 1 in 26 people develop epilepsy.
2) depending on how severe his seizures have gotten that hardly seems reason to step down. It only further emphasizes to employers that those of us with epilepsy are incapable of working
3)this seems more like he doesn't want to oh locally embarrass himself by having a seizure during a public event or meeting... Adding more stigma..

He's definitely stepping down because of the epilepsy.

Big deal if he had a seizure anyway an dI feel that's know big deal.

He would get embarrassed whoppee!

Some people can't manage stress and we all know how that can effect someone with epilepsy. Its up to us to limit what we can or can't do. Politics is a sticky and stressful business and obviously Paillé doesn't think he can manage it and epilepsy at the same time. That is fine by me, but I'll keep on pushing with whatever I enjoy.

NGU

Back
Top Bottom