[Info] Death of a loved one - a little odd and needs an open mind to read.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pinkhorse

New
Reaction score
A bit of a complicated story.
In the spring of 2015 I spent a few days with a very close friend who I'd known for many years and were in touch but hadn't seen for more than a couple of hours in the 10 years prior. It was the longest we'd spent together and really cemented our friendship. It was lovely. We accepted the fact that we've known each other for many lifetimes (if you want to call that "fact".) Every time we met or talked we would find out that we'd just done the same thing - had the same thoughts about something, took the same class in something. I was at the race track one day and he said, "In the next longer race bet $2 on the horse that's second in the betting." We won, of course. I saw a picture of him about 10+ years before we met and had a very strong (negative) reaction to him. What I felt about him turned out to true but knowing him I saw the good parts too.
That summer I started having the partial seizures. For some reason I had them associated with my friend. Fast forward to that Fall when we both had GI problems. My friend's turned out to be pancreatic cancer. I went out to visit with him and the family in March of 2016. Meanwhile, seizures were worsening. Before that, whenever I had a sort of bad day, I'd call him and so was he. One day, about 2 weeks after I left his house, I had a very very very bad day. It was the first time I'd had one after another and was post-ictal between them. Felt just awful. That night I got a call from his ex-wife that he had died that day.
It didn't surprise me at all but was very upsetting.
A psychic told me that, when 2 people have that kind of relationship it's not suprising that when one dies the other one has a piece of their soul taken and that it's profoundly hard for the person still alive.
Now, when I have a bad day - like yesterday - I have to wonder how it might be associated with him. Did his spirit go through some change? A close friend had been in the hospital with respiratory failure that week and I worried about her. With TLE/all epilepsy thought of as a sacred disease, I just wonder.... Makes me think.

That sounds like an amazing relationship. I haven't ever experienced that kind of connection but that doesn't mean I can't imagine it.
I think that kind of closeness can come out in all kinds of ways. I'm so sorry that you had to lose a friend like that, I don't know how you get over that, and maybe you can't. Maybe that's why it's so important to be connected on bad days.
I hope you friend with the respiratory failure is managing, as are you.

Back
Top Bottom