Low Glycemic Index Treatment

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MajorT

New
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been on or now on the Low Glycemic Index Treatment (LGIT)? And if you are or were how did it work out for you and are you following the diet religiously and not cheating. I think my epilepsy, as well as many other people's, is triggered by our diets. I use to believe that my seizures were triggered by alcohol consumption so I quit drinking alcohol all together but I recently had another seizure. I had a lot of sweetened tea the day before my last one. I don't know if its the way my body breaks down and converts sugars or what, but I'd like to try a few things. I would of course run it by Doc. first.

Stacy (my wife) is using a diet similar to the low glycemic index as part of her seizure control regimen. I say her diet is similar - hers isn't as strict as the LGIT. She only limits simple carbs - not total carbs.

I am considering it too MajorT, for my daughter. However, for a teen, I do know how difficult it will be to maintain. Especially when there are other family members not willing to understand her dietary needs. If I could "prove" that it helps, then maybe I would see some cooperation. I also have seen seizures after intake of sugar, and for now we make the best by eliminating as many as possible.

Back
Top Bottom