[News] Marijuana

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My Son (26) smoked most of his youth (later teens) which is not uncommon where we live, in the land where it is legal. Never at home or in front of us but can’t hide from parents who keep close eye.

When he was smoking he never had T/C, did have partials though. He stopped smoking end of 2009 and he had his 1st T/C, then 17 months free while he was on med and back smoking. Then 6 months ago he gave it up again and been having T/C breakthroughs despite the meds.

For a trail he is going to take it up again to see if it makes any difference...he always said it was one of the only things that really chilled him out. We checked out the recommendation types for E and can buy easily so he going to give it a go and see where it goes. If it works, we check out vaporizer.

I know this is controversial for many, but the stigma of smoking a J is not so big here and well, I don’t care about stigma I just want my boy out of this T/C rat race….he does not want to smoke but if it keeps the T/C at bay. I’ll come back in time on this..lets see....

I really hope that it works out for you Chaz1 it would be great news if it did,will certainly be keeping my eyr on this thread,good luck.

T/C were coming at 2 week intervals...4 weeks free today. Could be back tom to say otherwise, but today and this past month T/C free we cherish…

I feel the same Chaz but I guess I unfortunately was brought up with the stigma bullshit so a lot of benefit of chilling out with some bud can tend to be overshadowed by stigma of guilt.
Excellent to see others confirming what I experience myself in terms of the benefits.

My Son (26) smoked most of his youth (later teens) which is not uncommon where we live, in the land where it is legal. Never at home or in front of us but can’t hide from parents who keep close eye.

When he was smoking he never had T/C, did have partials though. He stopped smoking end of 2009 and he had his 1st T/C, then 17 months free while he was on med and back smoking. Then 6 months ago he gave it up again and been having T/C breakthroughs despite the meds.

For a trail he is going to take it up again to see if it makes any difference...he always said it was one of the only things that really chilled him out. We checked out the recommendation types for E and can buy easily so he going to give it a go and see where it goes. If it works, we check out vaporizer.

I know this is controversial for many, but the stigma of smoking a J is not so big here and well, I don’t care about stigma I just want my boy out of this T/C rat race….he does not want to smoke but if it keeps the T/C at bay. I’ll come back in time on this..lets see....

Another week passed that’s 5 weeks T/C - in fact complete seizure freedom.

His life stress levels have been up and beyond normal (negative these past weeks) and we would expect to see/bring on the usual T/C - full force....but no, at least not for today.

J a day (indica), and so far, no sign of any seizure activity.......

For today we have and we will stop and appreciate it. Damn right we will.

That's great! Every seizure-free week is a real blessing, for you and for him.

Yea, sativas probably aren't near as effective. Congrats to your son, I think it's fantastic! :)

My name is Cheryl. I have had Nocturnal Seizures for 20 years. Out of those 20 years I have taken Tegratol for about 18 of those years and Topomaz for about a year. I decided on June 1st, 2012 to try a new medication, Medical Marijuana. I started off using only 1 pill at bedtime.
On June 10th I had a seizure. I have neer gone without anti-seizure meds in 20 years.
I took 2 THC/CBD pills at bedtime and I haven't had another seizure.
I am very excited about this I am completely PharmaFree. My THC medicianal pills are made with organically grown medical grade marijuana.

Hi Cheryl, welcome to CWE!

You may also want to post in The Foyer just to introduce yourself :)

I think it's great that you're seizure-free without meds -- though technically the medical marijuana is also a pharmaceutical. Are you taking the pills regularly, or will you plan on taking them only if a seizure occurs? Are there any side effects?

Best,
Nakamova

Just passed 7 weeks T/C - complete seizure freedom and it’s not been an easy time for him but this sure keeps him relaxed and helps to keep the mind from racing.

J a day, with meds and supplements and I cannot not include neuro-therapy, as its doing wonders.

Brilliant news Chaz,long may this continue!!!

T/C this morning.......:( ongoing major relationship stress...

honeymoon effect over....? I will be back...on this subject.

Sorry to hear it, just a temporary setback I hope.

Nakamova, there to lift my spirits....and it worked...thank u, thank u.

clock reset and we on the positive track we will continue to journey on....

You and he are definitely on the right track -- 5 seizure-free weeks was a real improvement from before, so you know that something is making a difference for the better.

actually was 7 weeks :)...

yes for sure....something was making a dif....CBD Id say...there is so much happening in the pharma world on CBD now....but we are lucky we dont have to wait for pharma ($) introduction to test...

Thanks Nakamova....hopefully back on track...he feeling great :)

Back
Top Bottom