Neural Therapy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
I ran across this article tonight and I thought it was an interesting read. So I thought it might be for someone else too.

1. In the treatment of brain disorders a history is taken, with the focus on past physical and emotional trauma, vaccinations, toxin exposure, food allergies, dental status, past and current medications, nutritional program.
12. Epilepsy: the focal area is usually brain tissue with compartmentalized mercury, lead, cadmium or aluminum, accompanied by a secondary viral infection. Look at the wisdom teeth! General metal detox, fatty acids, ketogenic diet. Segmental therapy over focal area. Cilantro & drug uptake technique. Cranio-sacral therapy. Regular SCG and SG blocks using electro-bloc. Eliminate all possible foci! Search for scars on scalp!! Vaccinations.
http://www.neuraltherapy.com/a_neural_therapy_brain.asp

Anti-focal effect: A scar injection (or injection to a tooth, ganglion or other dysfunctional structure) can stop abnormal neurological signals (from scar, tooth or other dysfunctional group of cells). Abnormal signals stemming from a often remote untreated focal area are often the cause of ANS dysfunction in the brain, leading to areas of vasoconstriction, impaired transport in the ground system and inhibition of trans- membrane transport and impaired transit of nutrients across the ground system or matrix. This in turn creates a focus-specific vulnerable area within the brain with decreased immune function, decreased oxygen and nutrient uptake, decreased detoxification abilities. The outcome is a region with increased toxic metal (and other toxin) deposition and uninhibited growth of fungi, bacteria and viruses.

Last edited:
I'd caution that this information was presented to a conference sponsored by the company itself. There are no footnotes or references to studies to back any of the claims made.

They don't have any "about us" type page explaining who they are or where they are based. Best I can tell, the American Academy of Neuraltherapy is a for-profit company.

Still, the articles on the site are interesting. Stacy's doc checked her for heavy metal toxicity a while back and I do believe that it can play a part.

I see what you mean Bernard.
They may not always have "studies", but as we know those aren't as individualized as humans tend to be.

I just keep finding that in each corner of the rink, people are saying the same things. I am so very frustrated not being able to find medical help (on my insurance) that is standing in the middle offering help. It makes me not even want to keep looking, because after all the time spent, I run into the same blank stares. It's terrible, but I am beginning not to even trust the labs that are being used.

I think what I liked about the above article, is that it brought up some of the "out of the box" type of thinking that is needed. Options for someone to just consider.

I ran across this article tonight and I thought it was an interesting read. So I thought it might be for someone else too.

http://www.neuraltherapy.com/a_neural_therapy_brain.asp

Hi Robin,
I went to the site and nowhere does it explain what is meant by "neural therapy."
Neural Therapy is a technique in which anesthetics are injected into the body, supposedly to trigger healing of various conditions. How it is practiced in Europe where it was developed in Germany, and how it is practiced elsewhere may not be the same. I would be extremely skeptical for just this reason: They use injections into so-called "trigger points." In my own struggles with the spinal cord disease I'm finding the "trigger points" are in the places that now look to be actual sores from injury or degeneration of the cord. An injection of anesthesia may give some relief, but not any healing, for sure. Besides, just shooting drugs into those points is "alternative medicine" only in that it is not conventional to treat "trigger point" pain in this way.

In my google search it looks like procaine is the anesthetic normally used in Neural Therapy and it can lower the seizure threshold:

Drugs that may lower seizure threshold : Epilepsy.com/Professionals... support your website and epilepsy research. Drugs that may lower seizure threshold ... procaine. Narcotics, fentanyl meperidine pentazocine propoxyphene ...
professionals.epilepsy.com/page/table_seniors_drugs.html

However, the technique is used for seizure disorders so we need to look more closely at how and if it is effective.

12. Epilepsy: the focal area is usually brain tissue with compartmentalized mercury, lead, cadmium or aluminum, accompanied by a secondary viral infection. Look at the wisdom teeth! General metal detox, fatty acids, ketogenic diet. Segmental therapy over focal area. Cilantro & drug uptake technique. Cranio-sacral therapy. Regular SCG and SG blocks using electro-bloc. Eliminate all possible foci! Search for scars on scalp!! Vaccinations.

This is just a lot of gibberish, period. They just throw out some terms, with no substance. The scar tissue that is a seizure focus does not usually have "compartmentalized mercury" whatever that may be. A google search on it turns up only six references, to Klinghardt's technique, so it appears to be a term he coined, not a condition that is common knowledge or a known feature of brain injury in general. Furthermore, if scaring in the brain is due to gluten intolerance, an injection of anesthesia isn't going to fix the problem.

I hear your frustration and stuff that is worded to sucker you in like the above really ticks me off as it can leave you more confused and frustrated in your efforts to help Rebecca. We can't rely on "science" as it is practiced these days either, so there is no easy solution.

If you had posted a "scientific" article, reviewing the wonders of Vagal Nerve Stimulator, for example, or a drug, those studies may have been stacked to show the product being sold in the best possible light to seduce you into thinking it is the best [or only] option.

We have to develop our ability to read and evaluate carefully the information in an article to be able to determine if it makes sense, or applies to us, or not. That's where a forum like this can be so useful. We need to be open to new possibilities while also cultivating our ability to take and use information that we need and not get into any kind of group think.

Maybe we need to start a thread just on evaluating information, regardless whether it comes from drug and surgery oriented approaches to managing seizures or to other approaches. We might all benefit from more open and truly enquiring discussion on developing rules of thumb for evaluating the many types of treatments and theories for seizure disorders (including Neural Therapy), do you think?

Last edited:
If you had posted a "scientific" article, reviewing the wonders of Vagal Nerve Stimulator, for example, or a drug, those studies may have been stacked to show the product being sold in the best possible light to seduce you into thinking it is the best [or only] option.

:ponder: [scarasm] Hmmmmmm.......Now I wonder where I have heard THAT before?[/scarasm]

Marketing puffery. Mostly legal, IMHO very unethical.

If you can't dazzel them with brillance then baffle them with bull-
dodo.gif

Back
Top Bottom