One Father's Attempt...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
to hack his daughter's genetic code.

My son sent me this article. I am quite touched that he "gets" it.
It is a long article, but well worth the read.

Some geneticists believe that desperation is leading him to a dead end. Rienhoff understands this view, and at times even suspects that his doubters—some of whom are good friends—may be right. But even if his odds of success are minuscule, he argues, there is nothing to be gained by standing on the sidelines. In his view, parents must be their children's greatest advocates, the people whose love keeps them pushing for answers when the medical establishment has essentially surrendered. And to Rienhoff, being the father who never relents is itself a noble goal. "In the end," he says, "this is simply about the extra ways a daddy can love his little girl."

http://www.wired.com/medtech/genetics/magazine/17-02/ff_diygenetics?currentPage=1

Back
Top Bottom