Scholarship Program

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KAM

Stalwart
Reaction score
This is the link:
http://www.epilepsyadvocate.com/resources/scholarship.aspx

"UCB, The Epilepsy Company, is committed to recognizing achievement in the lives of people with epilepsy and their family members.

The UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program™ provides financial support for academic and personal achievement and has awarded over $375,000 in just 3 years. But this is just the beginning. Continuing this momentum in 2007, we awarded scholarships to 30 students, acknowledging what they've achieved so far and confident in what they will achieve in the future.

We are proud to offer these scholarships not just to people with epilepsy, but also to the family members/caregivers who contribute to their successes.

Apply online for the UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program™. The application deadline is May 2, 2008."

Spread the word! Tell your friends and family members about the program.

Last edited:
That is a great find KAM. Thanks so much. I will bookmark it until Rebecca is old enough to apply. Hate to see these things sponsored by drug companies though.

Didn't even notice that, guess "UCB" should have stood out.. or "Not a previous recipient of the UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship™ (formerly the Keppra® Family Epilepsy Scholarship)". I think it's great that they have the program, but I hear where you're coming from at the same time.

Thanks KAM! As a special ed. teacher, it's nice to have these resources. :)

Your occupation is to be commended! Haven't logged in lately because I am so busy at work. If you don't get enough thanks for what you do, I'll say a special thanks for all the kids you help every day. If you do a Google or Yahoo Search on any specific condition and add grants, programs or scholarship to the end you can find so many programs available. If you send me a PM, I'll do the search for you and send the results back to you.

I am looking for Scholarship

I'm currently study high school in Australia. I want to come to the USA to study Universities. I am looking for Scholarship in America for oversea students. I need some trustful website about scholarship of some good universities in America for international students for studying in some undergraduate courses such as Pharmacy or Dental science. Can you give some information?

There's a lot of them available, but at this
time of the year, pretty much of them have
been used up; however - there should be
some NEW ones coming up where you can
apply for NEXT year's. In United States and
Canada - they typically start anywhere from
July/August to about December/January on
the Average and they DO have deadlines,
and requirements, and lots of rigid regulations,
restrictions, et cetera on some of them.

In some cases, some are "Spur of Moment",
that just pops out as a surprise and only for
a short time only, and others can be long term.
There's so many all over the place - Public and
Private - from Federal, Corporation, State,
Grants, Contests, Private Sponsorships, and
so much more. Many requires you to be a
resident of United States and/or Canada -
but I've not seen too many being available
for overseas, while there's been a few, but
not too many.

Some are "age restricted", some are "free for
all". The Scholarships can range anywhere from
$500 to $50,000. You just never know - but
keep in mind, the competition is extremely
strong and there's many that are going for it.

Your best bet would be keep Googling it up
and keeping your eyes opened. Keeping your
eyes peeled on Foreign Exchange Scholarship
Programs as well - since you've mentioned you
are overseas (I do not qualify for such so I do
not look into this area or field) so this is one
avenue you can look into

GOOD LUCK!

And welcome to CWE!

This is a great resource to try:

fastwebcom/

I have always wanted to visit Australia. I hope you get a chance to see the sites.

Thank you, these scholarship resources really help out, but by any chance do you know of anymore like fastweb?

Back
Top Bottom