[Research] Secondarily-Generalized Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Joyful

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/types-seizures/secondarily-generalized-seizures

Hi, everyone. I've been doing some research and came across something that described my seizures exactly. Thought it might be helpful to someone out there looking for answers.

I have lived w/ this for so long and am still learning more about it each day. I owe alot to everyone here at CWE, so I'm giving back by sharing some of what I have found out through my own research.

I hope this helps someone.

Yep, that sounds like exactly what I have. It starts in my left arm before it goes full blown TC.
I have found that if I can isolate that limb right away with a strong pinch around the upper arm, digging my right thumb into the nerve bundle that runs down in the front part of the armpit, I can make it stop.
It is really amazing when that happens. It's like the seizure just switches off like a light. And I don't get any bad after-effects then either like foggy brain and sore tongue.

Sounds alot like me, too. Except w/ me, it doesn't start with just my arm or just any specific part of me - it's more like a wave of "that feeling" which washes over my entire body.
But that feeling just continues and intensifies until it becomes so strong that my arms (both at same time) start jerking, then the rest of me follows. Then sometimes I lose conciousness, etc.
These "feelings", I am learning, are actually partial seizures. That is what is so amazing to me - after all these years, I just never knew.

Thanks, Joyful, I've posted that many times and other info from www.epilepsy.com website.So have a few others. That is an excellent website and is full of info!

Okay, Cint - I wasn't sure. It could've been this forum that led me there in the first place - my memory is really bad !
Thanks for everything!

Back
Top Bottom