2 seizures - one after the other. 1rst seizure was strange.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Stinkpot

New
Reaction score
Last night around 4:00 am I had a convulsion that was really different. It only last like 30 seconds with no posticle period.

Well, about an hour later I had another convulsion - a normal generalized convulsion.

It's coming close to my menstrual cycle (when seizure activity is about), so I guess that's the reason why. But why did I have 2 seizures?

As another side note, yesterday was horrible. I passed another kidney stone.

For the kidney stone pain, I take percocets. Luckly, percocets did not cause me to have a seizure......well, the first time I took it.

Due to the intense pain, I had a very difficult time sleeping and did not get enough sleep(about 4 hours).

Anything sound like the reason why I had 2 convulsions 1 right after the other? I mean, there have been a few times when I've had 2 convulsions in one day(last month I had 2 in one day) but not like an hour apart!

Thanks for any info!

Regards,

Stinkpot

Lack of sleep is often a trigger as is pain and illness...considering you were dealing with all 3 at the same time that might be the reason. You should call your doctor and let them knopw what happened especially since it is out of the oridinary for you. Hope you are feeling better soon...kidney stones suck :(

There could be a number of reasons why you had 2 TC seizures in a day, especially since it's close to that "TOM" and your body is under such stress right now. Have you had your blood levels checked recently?

Are you sure your first seizure was a tonic/clonic?

When I was younger I would have complex partial seizures where my head was pulled to the right but the rest of my body was fine. When I came out of it though all I remember is my body being forced one way & me fighting it.

If you didn't have a post-ictal period I'm wondering if that's what you might have had last night.

Back
Top Bottom