2 years seizure free

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
Nicole has now been seizure free for 2 years. We are praying for one more seizure free year and then hopefully we can start weaning her off her med.

Yeah for

Nicole!!! This is SOOOOO VERY COOOL!!!!:woot::woot::clap::clap::clap:

That's wonderful!!! I hope that things continue to go well for Nicole. On September 21, it will be my two years seizure-free anniversary.

Woo-Hoo

Well you're already half way there. We'll have a party when she makes it in another year. :cake:

Certainly something to be proud of, that's for sure.

My wife is still waiting for her 6 month anniversary. She's excited to be able to drive again.

Can I ask what you did to achieve your control? I'm rather new here so I don't know your story.

Can I ask what you did to achieve your control? I'm rather new here so I don't know your story.

Nicole is my granddaughter and we saw her first seizure July 4th, 2007. She will be 8 on the 30th. She had quite a few seizures until we could get her into a Neuro and once the medication, Lamical, was started her seizures stopped. Although finding the right dosage was quite a struggle. She was having behavior problems with a higher dosage and we had to find the right doctor to listen to us before her dosage was reduced. She takes 25mg in the morning and 25mg at night. We were told that she could outgrow her seizures but I know there is also the possibility that she may not outgrow them. My daughter, her mother, never outgrew them and she finally became seizure free when she died from SUDEP.

I am also happy for your wife and glad that you are here.

Back
Top Bottom