24 hour EEG & meds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My daughter is going to have her first EEG since she started taking clobozam for partials.
They haven't said to take her off 2 days before or anything? So how accurate is the EEG when taking meds to prevent seizures?!

Maybe they just want to see if she's still having any seizures after being on the meds. To maybe adjust the dose or to put her on a different med?
I'm guessing this is am Ambulatory EEG. They don't usually tell you to stop your drugs when doing Aml EEG because they're trying to record what's going on in your brain during our normal activities.
P.S I just had one last month. I had a seizure after 3.5 years during the EEG .. :(

Last edited:
They're still trying to diagnose her ???

If she's already on medication then they're probably not doing it to diagnose her. What kind of partials was she having and how long ago was she diagnosed? Simple partials can sometimes go unnoticed.

She has not been diagnosed.
They put her on meds to see if they'd help with what was happening to her. The 24 hour EEG is to see if she has epilepsy or not.
You can see my story under "what do you think?"

She has not been diagnosed.
They put her on meds to see if they'd help with what was happening to her. The 24 hour EEG is to see if she has epilepsy or not.
You can see my story under "what do you think?"

aww I saw it now..poor thing. They're doing it to diagnose her and hopefully they'll get a better idea of what's triggering her seizures.

So would they need to have her off meds ?????

If they didn't give you any special instructions then No. Is this a Video EEG or an EEG where they attach the electrodes and send you home(Ambulatory EEG)? If it is a video EEG, they might take her off the med at the hospital, that's why I asked. it's not safe for her to be off the meds at home :)

this is a video about Video EEG, to clear some doubts you may have about it:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom