24 Hour EEG next week

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So my neurologist appointment went well. The neurologist is really nice and he tells you everything he rights down and checks to make sure he has it right. So he has me set up for a 24 hour EEG next wednesday. Any suggestions on what I should bring with me? It is a video EEG. I'm nervous of course lol. Also what should I be prepared for? He is hoping to catch all three types of my seizures. I hope they have cable lol!

STBM-
Great to hear the appt with the neurologist went well & he wants to do more tests.
I've never had a 24 hour EEG so I can't help with any suggestions.
Hope the test goes well.

Since you'll be in the hospital overnight, bring clothes/PJs that you don't have to pull over your head (otherwise they may interfere with the electrodes). Bring reading material or a laptop so you don't get bored (and so you can check in at CWE!). If caffeine is a trigger, ask if you can bring some sodas or hi-test coffee. Do whatever it takes to stress yourself out and produce symptoms.

Okey dokey. Thanks Nakamova! Unfortunately my laptop is broken, but I will have my ipod so I'll be able to check in. My bf wants to stat with me do they usually allow that? And he said I might be able to take his Xbox with me. My neurologist said to bring video games and such if i have them so assuming there is a tv. He is having me lower my keppra dose 4 days before hand but isn't completely stopping it. Not sure what he all plans on doing to induce seizures.

they may sleep deprive you. A little more difficult to do with a 24hr. Check with the hospital on what you can bring. I brought a laptop, but the battery was out so I had the power cord. They wouldn't let me use it as it was going to cause interference with the equipment. As long as it is wifi you should be okay. Good luck!

They have wifi. Gonna suck not being able to get up much. Hopefully they have comfy beds, good food and a tv lol. My bf said he might let me bring the Xbox with me lol. Plus gonna probably borrow some movies for my friend and my cousin out the who lives in the town I'm gonna be in. So at least i'll have some visitors lol. Just nervous about the possibility about having to stay longer if they don't get what they need.

Back
Top Bottom