3-D Movies...Do they cause seizures???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Happy Sunday to all.
My daughter wants to go to a 3-D movie with me, but is worried that it may induce a seizure in me. I have been recently diagnosed with Epilepsy and have 4 Grand Mal seizures since August of 2011. My neurologist never mentioned I shouldn't go to something like that, so I don't really know what to do. Has anyone ever had a problem with 3-D movies provoking seizures? I told her I'd check with the EXPERTS!...EVERYONE HERE!...LOL...so, let me know so I can ease her mind! She does worry about me so much with EVERYTHING we do!!! Thank you!!

I've never been to a 3D movie but I would think that whether it provokes a seizure would depend on whether or not someone is photosensitive or not.

Also, I moved your post to the kitchen since you've already introduced yourself in the foyer, hope you don't mind.

I've been to several 3-D movies and I've never had any sort of problem.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I really didn' tthink it would be a problem...but I wanted my daughter to see replies from others too! :)

Could you please explain when you said,:"Also, I moved your post to the kitchen since you've already introduced yourself in the foyer"

Epileric
I am fairly new here and I really don' tunderstand what that means. Did I post it in the wrong place? Sorry if I did.

Could you please explain when you said,:"Also, I moved your post to the kitchen since you've already introduced yourself in the foyer"

Not a problem, you'll get the hang of this place. We've got a bunch of rooms at this party, of course the foyer is where everyone posts to introduce themselves. That's where you first posted this thread (no big deal, I moved it).

Each room says what it's for underneath to make things easier. If you post in the wrong place, one of the moderators will move it no problem. I just wanted to let you know I'd moved your post so you don't get confused.

Going to the movies, is where I first started noticing that something weird was happening. When things really progressed, just trying to watch a movie didn't work out for me. I would start watching, then the next thing I knew was that the credits were rolling, and I had no clue what I just watched. It took a long time to be diagnosed, so thank god for the lifetime channel! They play the same movie over 10 times a weekend. I would finally get to see most of it that way. I went to Pirates of the Car. 3D a couple of months ago, and even had some small issues on meds. Hopefully you are not that sensitive. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom