Aiden Update

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KellyD

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to share that the Paediatrician has given us the go ahead to wean Aiden off his last medication (Keppra). We are doing this very slowly over a 4 month period. I am very nervous about this, our safety net is being taken away, but I guess that is to be expected. His dr is confident that we will be able to take him off without any issues which would be amazing. We started reducing it a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. If anyone else has done this and have any advice on how to stop yourself from checking on them constantly, especially when they are sleeping (lol), I would really appreciate it.

For anyone that is interested, I have entered this gorgeous photo of him that I took a few months ago into a competition and it has been chosen as 1 of 8 finalists. Isn't he cute? I can't believe he is 3 already! How time flies. If you like the photo and would like to vote you can follow this link to a facebook page. You will need to 'like' the page it is posted on (Pak-Mag) to be able to vote for it and then like this photo. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....181439955232215.39376.149554558420755&ref=nf

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm so HAPPY to hear that your son will be off the meds soon! Hurray for him and you! I hope everything goes well!

As for your son.. what a handsome young man!! I voted for him! Good luck with everything!

It's great that he's coming off Keppra, and slow is good.

It may be hard to break yourself of the habit of checking on him. That's okay (as long as it's not too hard on you). Give yourself time.

If you really feel you should stop, keep a record of when you check on him and start increasing the time between checking. But really, if it makes you feel better to see that he's okay, then don't worry about it for now.

Of course you never know when this might happen:
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/02/23/oddities-lt-odd-brazil-alligator_8322574.html

Last edited:
What great news! I am hoping being medication free makes a huge positive difference for him. Imagine how much better he will feel. :)

It's just me Nakamova, I've always been like it so I don't think I will be able to change it any time soon. Plus if I found any sort of wild life in my sons room I think I would die of a heart attack!!

Thanks for the vote mlbandura, it's not showing up though :( Did you like his photo as well as the pak mag page?

I thought I liked it... my computer has issues (denying that it is me..lol) I will double check :)

Just dropped Aiden's meds again, it's been a week and so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom