All the diets and exercises

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Before I was introduced to keppra nothing controlled my seizures but i did noticed that the months i din't go to the gym felt much worse than the months i did go.Also i'v started doing p90x and insanity programs which made me feel even better since i was training daily.

My question is:,Is it possible to do those diets and actually have the energy to do cardio workouts like insanity or going to the gym and lifting weights???.

Let me clerify my seizures aren't bad at all even when they happen but if i can be seizure free without medication and still keep working out which i love than why not give it a try :)

I can't comment on being seizure free without meds. You'll need to ask your doc. Most of us in here have that dream but are on the meds for the long haul.

Most people excercise just fine on the meds. If they are tired, they just tone it down a bit. That's what I did. Instead of aerobics class, I do water aerobics. Easier on my joints (which now hurt), more muscle resistance and the same cardio and I end up less tired for some reason.

On diets - heck I don't know. Everyone is so different about diet AND meds. Severely restricting calories (under 1800/day) makes me incredibly tired, without drugs! You have to make a judgement about how your diet is affecting you, add in the affect of the meds, and then make a choice.

Kosta, the diets people that have helped some folks with seizure control (MAD, ketogenic, gluten-free) aren't restricted-calorie diets, so they wouldn't ordinarily affect your body's ability to work out. If you aren't sure, check with your doctor first before starting your diet.

Back
Top Bottom