To all my Keppra friends out there

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pita300

New
Reaction score
I've been rampping up on my Keppra joyrney I'm at 3000mg a day on my way to 4000. I've been checking out the side effects and flu like sysmtoms is one of them. Have any of you expierenced this. I even called in sick today then slept all day I have dry mouth and hands are numb and tingly Should I call the epileptolgist or do you think I have the flu?

What say you

I had the tingling feeling in my hands and feet when I was at 2500mgs of Keppra, but once I was put back to 3000mgs it all went away. as for the flu symptoms Ive never experienced that with Keppra

Our daughter has just gone on keppra is also on topiramate and lomotrigine, since starting on keppra she giggles a lot.. Also very switched off! We are reducing the topiramate in the hope to stop and be replaced by keppra... She is recovering from viral meningitis ATM and hallucinating ...the Neurologist doesn't seem to think its anything to worry about!

Last edited:
The giggling with the Keppra might actually be a gelastic seizure. Our Jon had a few of those when on Keppra (hasn't had any since he completed the wean 2 weeks ago).

Hi My husband is on 500mg twice a day but lately his seisures ( partial ) have increased. He seems to be on a different planet. When watching Tv he is totally immersed and I have to talk to him a few times before he responses to me. Also not sleeping to good. I am taking him back to the doc, he was told he is on the urgent list (3mth) to see a Neurologist. He is getting more worried which I think triggers him. He had new glasses a week ago and thinks it might have something to do with it. I am sending Hugs to all

Thank you Karen
So has he come off keppra..? She was on high doses of topiramate and the keppra is making her a lot calmer , but she is switched off seems in a world of her own , we not sure if this is due to the hallucinations from meningitus or the epilepsy or the keppra , it's like her brain is constantly on over drive, she is giggling a lot like she is laughing at something she is hallucinating at, it's nice to hear her happy! But it's very odd!! Not normal like she as seen something to laugh at, it's like she is in her own thoughts all the time.. And because she as learning disability we can not get her to tell me .:( x

I just made it to my target dose this week of 4000mg a day. Its a lot although my seizures have gone from 5-6 a day to 1-2 a day. One day last week I went all day with out one. Thats big for me. I have noticed that things are pushing me over the edge lately (Kepprage) I also find my self sleeping a lot. I'm happy to have fewer seizures but not wild about going on a third med.

Wendywoo I haven't been giggling lately and it could be a seizure.. I am definately not the expert on that. I also had meningitis as a baby (a long time ago) It was the cause of the scar tissue on my right temporal lobe and the area where most of my seizure were originating. So had a right temporal lobectomy in the late 1980's Went 15years seizure free untill March of last year when these new partials started. Now the doctor thinks they are coming from the frontal lobe. I hope nothing but the best for your daughter and hope the giggling is just a side effect.

Back
Top Bottom