amazing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I was looking for something else but came across this video

this is the best I've seen a seizure represented from the 1st person point of view

I'd even recommend a little caution watching it at the beginning because it starts rapidly

just some info I wanted to pass along to my friends

petero

Its definatly good from a 1st person point of view. But what kind of idot, who is supposed to be trained tells some one who is having a seizure to calm down and stay with us. I mean do they know there is no control over the body, its not by choice we do it, and telling him to leave it in, as if he knew what was being said to him or it was him who decided. Sorry that just makes me angery from my point of view.

one of the worst things for me is seeing people over me with panic and freak-out look in their faces. at the time I think I interpret that as "what the fuck do you think you're doing?" sort of ridicule, blame, guilt..etc.
a lot of clamor commotion - the worst
if that were me I'd rather just lay on the ground in the park with the girl stroking my hair, singing or whispering softly or something

NOT - noise, sirens, "HEY DUDE ARE YOU OK? EVERYTHING IS FINE TRUST ME - NO REALLY - THAT's WHY WE'RE ALL HERE LOOKING AT YOU LIKE WE HATE YOU, LIKE WE'RE ALL AFRAID OF YOU - AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE CAUSING YOU THIS TYPE OF PAIN, BECAUSE WE KNOW YOU ARE HELPLESS, AND NOW YOU'RE IN A WORLD WHERE STRANGERS ENJOY CAUSING SEVERE PAIN TO PEOPLE THEY HATE"
it is not good for me to have to associate that type of pain with that type of panic with that type of helplessness with that type of guilt with that type of "assault" (the "why are you making me bleed?" thing was excellent)
there's no way to differentiate

this is the best audio-video representation I've ever seen

Oh my god this is exactly what I feel like. I can't watch people have seizures or even watch recording of myself, or even hear it. Sent shivers down my spine, I couldn't watch past 37 seconds.

also, if there were just two things I would have liked to see more is more effort at interaction (I tend to feel guilt about not being able to interact and that strain is very emotional, especially with so much attention and interaction toward me) - and more abstraction of the visuals...
then again I wear glasses (which are usually off by the time I'm coming to, I guess)..

Well, I'll never forget that seven minutes. Don't think I took a breath the entire time that was unreal. I'm with you Muay I can't watch them either, this is the first time I ever have. Was hard to stick with, esp. when he first tried talking, that is EXACTLY what I sound like, and the way he looks around so out of it that's me to a tee.
Good for a cry and turning the tummy upside down that's for sure. Thanks tho Pete, it's educating even if it's horrible.

Actually what made me want to turn it off the most were those paramedics. Are you fucking kidding me where did you go to school. I'm wondering tho if they were trying to show off b/c they knew they were on film. Or did they know? Their behaviour was appalling.

Last edited:
Oh my god this is exactly what I feel like. I can't watch people have seizures or even watch recording of myself, or even hear it. Sent shivers down my spine, I couldn't watch past 37 seconds.

totally ditto
first time I saw it last night it started making me nauseous and tear up
I watched the whole thing through today
I've never seen a recording of myself
I don't know if I'd want to - probably not

Actually what made me want to turn it off the most were those paramedics. Are you fucking kidding me where did you go to school. I'm wondering tho if they were trying to show off b/c they knew they were on film. Or did they know? Their behaviour was appalling.

I hope it was overacting. Throttling the guy down, strapping him in is deplorable.

Yeah - and repeatedly telling him to calm down and focus on them.
Uh, hey Pete I never thought of that, we should try that next time, I've always felt like I'm a little too hyper.

totally ditto
first time I saw it last night it started making me nauseous and tear up
I watched the whole thing through today
I've never seen a recording of myself
I don't know if I'd want to - probably not

When I saw it my mind just went into a denial state. I couldn't believe it was me that was doing this. I just look forward to the day that this gets a cure or at least a far better way of getting a diagnosis.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it. I've seen people have seizures and it makes me cry each time.. I can't imagine what my wife feels when she sees it happen to me.

So for our loved ones who take care of us - thank you!

I think worse than seeing somebody have one is seeing somebody fake one.

I remember seeing on the news once (they showed the security footage) that a girl faked having a seizure in a store to distract the staff while her friend stole a bunch of stuff. Deplorable.

Cheers for that petero,i watched it all,something i dont normally do.In fact i usually dont even watch one on tv.I saw myself in a different perspective during that clip,the perspective i usually dont know about unless been told about it afterwords.Thank you again petero.

:agree:

I'm with ya Chris - we really don't know what it's like on the other side do we. My boyfriend sees it over and over, and when I come to he's usually in tears. He's a very manly man, rugged and not much gets to him emotionally, so to know watching me do that makes him cry, well, it must be hell.

well this is "fake" but it's a movie made by someone who obviously knows their shit
I'd recommend showing it to people who want to at least see and hear what it's approximately like from a 1st person point of view

"fake" as much as "Saving Private Ryan"'s Normandy beach scenes are "fake"

I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it. I've seen people have seizures and it makes me cry each time.. I can't imagine what my wife feels when she sees it happen to me.

I think worse than seeing somebody have one is seeing somebody fake one.

I remember seeing on the news once (they showed the security footage) that a girl faked having a seizure in a store to distract the staff while her friend stole a bunch of stuff. Deplorable.

I'd like to show it to the people who don't think E is a big deal..

I worked with a girl who thought it was just falling over, twitching a few times, and getting up and going about your day. About as hard as skinning your knee she said.

After I told her having a tc was somewhere between a nightmare and hell, she still didn't believe me.

I stopped talking to her.

well this is "fake" but it's a movie made by someone who obviously knows their shit
I'd recommend showing it to people who want to at least see and hear what it's approximately like from a 1st person point of view

"fake" as much as "Saving Private Ryan"'s Normandy beach scenes are "fake"

petero

I should have said thank you for showing that, sorry about that. I was going to turn it off when I seen the guys from the ambulance, it took a few times to watch it fully but I did and it brought back memorys of a man in a hospital about 20 years ago. He had a seizure and what the hospital staff done was stupid, rediculas and anoying considering there were 3 doctors there who were giving orders mind you there were nurses there as well.

It's got to be really tough for our partners/families. I've had girlfriends who thought it was too disturbing to them to help me after. But my wife is always there, soothing me with her calm voice and smiling and telling me it's okay. :)

She's calm when I'm awake in the post ictal but I think she cries when I'm sleeping afterwards..

:agree:

I'm with ya Chris - we really don't know what it's like on the other side do we. My boyfriend sees it over and over, and when I come to he's usually in tears. He's a very manly man, rugged and not much gets to him emotionally, so to know watching me do that makes him cry, well, it must be hell.

Yeah he tries to soothe me too, human nature. Well, I guess not for everyone tho if you've had girlfriends who couldn't do it. Really shows us the strength, and weaknesses, of those we're with.

I feel bad, I don't really sit there and let him soothe me. I push his hands away, afterwards and even when my partial is turning grand mal, it's denial denial denial. Every time I've woke up in my mind it didn't happen, NOPE, not today, but when I open my mouth to tell him just that it becomes quite clear. Babble babble, just like in the video. Hell for all involved, jesus skinning your knee? what a tard.

Back
Top Bottom