Another li'l vent from me, ref. My Dad...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TeeTees

New
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, He's as good as gold, a true Dad to me, and someone I will always love....

....BUT, boy does he wind me up after I've had a sz.

Does anybody else get this question ?.....

"what do you reckon caused that then ?" (he asks me)

"well, if I knew that, I'd have stopped them 38 years ago !!!" (you know how you can be snappy after a sz - well, that's what happened)

I really hate it when I've spouted off like that at my Dad, but it's such a horrible mood swing.

Okay, moan over :tup:

"what do you reckon caused that then ?"
my moms kinda like that when my neck pulls to one side and jerks from having cervical dystonia she says i need to calm down lol im calm and dont even notice it my neck twitching im kinda use to it.... her neck does the same thing not like mine though hers just twitches every once in a while(my doctor says it runs in familys) one day i told my neuro to look at moms neck it was twitching i said see she has it too she freaked lol ..

You should tell him... It's a good and valid question, one that should be examined.... but his timing is off... recovery comes before discovery...

You should tell him... It's a good and valid question, one that should be examined.... but his timing is off... recovery comes before discovery...

Ooooh.....good answer. :clap:

It's just whether I can remember it when I'm "the zone"

it really did sound as if he was wanting to figure out how to help..

love angel

it really did sound as if he was wanting to figure out how to help..

love angel

He is....He's just brilliant. But unfortunately when you get that same question every time after a sz (for 38 years of your life), it gets a li'l intimidating - especially when your mood swings every time too. <yeuch - I hate ME when I get them too>

"hey, if I knew what brought it on.....I would have either avoided it, or made millions selling it to other's !" (hehe) :D

Back
Top Bottom