Another Seizure...WHAT IS GOING ON???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Zoofemme

New
Reaction score
Okay...so I got the crap scared out of me today:cry:

I had another seizure...only this one was different...not a T/ C.

I started feeling wonky, then got an awful taste in my moth. I tried brushing my teeth to get rid of it then started shaking uncontrollably and my tonge and throat started feelign thick. I thought I might be having an allergic reaction but then everything started getting all fuzzy/foggy so I sat down. THe shaking and the fuzzy/foggy lasted a couple minutes (?) then poof...gone! My cat's head-butting me and I asked him what he wanted and it came out stuttering...always the stutter :soap:

I don't know what to do anymore. Why would my seizures change now after all this time? I would rather NOT know what is going on, thank you very much. I realize T/ Cs are scary to everyone watching, that is what I have been told, but I DON"T KNOW THIS. I am unaware. I am out for the duration. I don't remember any thing right before or right after.

This, this I couldn't stop...If I'm aware I should be able to stop it. That is what my brain keeps yelling at me. How much of this was panic?

I called the doctor...the nurse seemed to think it was a seizure and is going to ask the doctor if my meds need adjusted again or levels need tested or what :(

I'm tired but half afraid to go to sleep now :(

Yeah it's a seizure, or a breakthrough, so adjusting the meds seems the best bet for now. Write everything down if you can. And feel better soon.

THe Dr increased my Lamictal by another 50 mg...25 in the morning, 25 at night. I ended up sleeping for 2 hrs this afternoon. That at least took care of the stutter and I felt better. Still feel a bit rung out though and confused by what is going on. Guess I will learn more at the end of the month.

Anytime you change meds/dosage it can take a while for the body to adjust. I hope the upped dose of Lamictal does the trick.

Back
Top Bottom