Another Star Reveals Her Battle

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cint

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/susan-boyle-reveals-battle-with-epilepsy_1274310

Susan Boyle Reveals Battle With Epilepsy

Singing sensation Susan Boyle's school years were blighted by fainting fits after she was diagnosed with epilepsy.

The star has previously revealed she was teased and tormented by classmates while growing up in her native Scotland, admitting they targeted her because of her learning disabilities.
Boyle has now revealed her problems were heightened when doctors told her she was suffering with the neurological disorder, which is characterised by seizures.

She tells the Daily Mail's Weekend magazine, "I was protected in cotton wool. They (parents) thought they were doing the right thing. They called me touchy. At school I used to faint a lot. It's something I've never talked about. I had epilepsy.

"People in the public eye don't have things like that. All through my childhood they'd say epilepsy is to do with mental function. And now I realise it's not. I was up against all those barriers. It wasn't easy."

Thanks, Cint

It just goes to show that E knows no boundaries. And sadly, people still behave te way Susan's classmates did then. :(

Back
Top Bottom