Anxiety

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Topcat

Stalwart
Reaction score
Anxious: "experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness."
Does that lead to seizures for anyone else?
Back a few months ago. I was waiting for a car to turn into a driveway. I didn't want it to run into me just as I was walking in front of it.
It had plenty of chances to turn but wouldn't. I kept standing there. (I stood well back away from the driveway so it would need to wait for me.) I hadn't realized I was at a bus stop (no bench). Just then a bus stopped, so I had to wave it off. I kept getting a bit POed.
It must have been right after that I had a Tonic Clonic seizure.
A few weeks later I had some A/C problems. I was anxious about that. I had at least one absence seizure around then.
Today my brother-in-law was here. He is a nice enough guy but kind of a know-it-all and he was kind of getting on my nerves. I got anxious. I had about three partial/focal type seizures while I was around him.
Anyone have things like that happen?

(My apologies if I wrote part of this before. My memory loss is as bad as ever, and I may have forgotten writing it.)
I have an appointment toward the end of the month and I'm going to talk to my neurologist about it.

Hi. I know that my seizures increase in number &/or intensity if I am under stress or tense about something. I've even had situations when a complex partials seizure has occurred 2-3 hours after taking a dose of medicine. I have taken so many AEDs that I have given up--I still average 1-3 breakthrough seizures per month. My current AEDs and doses are 400mg Topamax, 300mg Zonegran & 1mg Folic Acid/day.

Last edited:
Hi Topcat,

I know when I got all nervous it would trigger seizures for me. Then I started taking vitamin B12 once a day and it helped a lot. You may want to give it a try. If not get some of the cbd (medical marijuana) that works great. Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Kava kave

I have been using it for anxiety,I must say it looking good I actually had good night deep sle eep and calm today again illegal accept Fiji and other Pacific islands.Apparently Europeans some Americans to stupid to know what’s better for them

CORRECTION: I stood well back away from the driveway so it would NOT need to wait for me.)

Hi Topcat,

I know when I got all nervous it would trigger seizures for me. Then I started taking vitamin B12 once a day and it helped a lot. You may want to give it a try. If not get some of the cbd (medical marijuana) that works great. Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
The few times I ever used marijuana it made me nervous actually more than nervous. it made me paranoid https://www.dualdiagnosis.org/marijuana-abuse/marijuana-paranoia/

Topcat, was it recreational mj that caused your paranoia or was it CBD oil? I ask because CBD oil contains virtually no THC (the trippy component), so it has a sedative effect, rather than a high.

Hi Topcat,

Nakamova asked you a very important question. Take my word recreational marijuana won't help at all that's why you probably felt the way you did. If you use the medical marijuana (cbd oil) it will calm a person down and make them very relaxed. It will not only help with seizures at times but if people have back pain or headaches a lot it works very good for that also. I have a bad back and it gets rid of the pain very fast. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Personally, I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. My doc put me on Xanax. It may sound strange, but it makes me have the worst hangover.

Back
Top Bottom