anyone on depakote with severe joint pain and rash?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gr33nr0se

New
Reaction score
can depakote cause a face rash? I have had a rash on my face for two weeks. It started as little dots under my eye and it's now a large blotch on my right cheek. It just started under my left eye as well. I have also been experiencing severe joint pain of fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, and sometimes my ankles and neck. I got blood tests on thursday to rule out lymes and a whole bunch of other stuff. The dr. said the rash is not a lyme's rash though.The rash started off really light and was barely noticable. Within a week, it got itchy and red. It is still red and raised. It blanches slightly in the middle but not on the entire blotch. I will probably get the tests back by Tuesday at the latest. By the way, I had a tick bite but after the rash started. the joint pain also started before the bite.

the joint pain is worse by far after i wake up. My joints are seriously swollen and i'm in alot of pain.

any input would be really helpful :)

Rash and joint pain are listed as side effects of Depakote, so that's a pretty likely suspect. Sorry you are having to deal with this. Have you let your neuro know? Definitely get iin touch on Monday if you haven't. I hope you get some answers (and relief!) soon.

thanks. ugh i rly didnt want this to be because of depakote. its the first drug that has worked. i emailed my neuro last night and i'm still waiting for a reply

Back
Top Bottom