Anyone lives in rochester new york or

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Why is geographical location relevant in any way?

Because next week im flying to rochester and i will be in toronto like 2 days as well and since i don't have keppra xr in Israel i would like to get couple of pills to try,i take regular keppra and i want to see what keppra Xr will do with control and side effects.
Of course i will pay in case it cost alot.IF i will find it to be useful i might be able to use a special form to get this med into the country specifically for me.
We have only topamax in Israel not zonegran but people were able to get zonegran for their children by filling a special form.If i'll say the drug worked and actually will know it works better of course i will do everything in my power to get hold of that med.

That might be a problem because they are not given out without a prescription from a local doctor/neurologist. If someone else were to lend you some they would be short of theirs.

I do hope you have fun on your trip though. I live a few hours from Toronto & have lived in upstate NY.

That might be a problem because they are not given out without a prescription from a local doctor/neurologist. If someone else were to lend you some they would be short of theirs.

I do hope you have fun on your trip though. I live a few hours from Toronto & have lived in upstate NY.

That's like in Israel but they don't just give you excatly the ammount of pills for every day usually you got more than few extra.I won't start counting the times a tablet fell on my floor which dogs and cats move all the time,You probebly guessing what i did with that.

God i wish i lived in canada or the u.s at least i would have a chance to try newer meds as a first line without any conditions

That's like in Israel but they don't just give you excatly the ammount of pills for every day usually you got more than few extra.I won't start counting the times a tablet fell on my floor which dogs and cats move all the time,You probebly guessing what i did with that.

God i wish i lived in canada or the u.s at least i would have a chance to try newer meds as a first line without any conditions

I know here they're pretty specific about how many pills they give you & I would expect even moreso in the US.

Something you have to realize though is whether you can try new meds (at least in Ontario) depends on your coverage. Normal insurance will not cover new meds probably for the same reason they don't cover it in Israel, because long-term effects have not been proven or disproven. Certain (maybe all) private Insurance will cover those meds though.

I know here they're pretty specific about how many pills they give you & I would expect even moreso in the US.

Something you have to realize though is whether you can try new meds (at least in Ontario) depends on your coverage. Normal insurance will not cover new meds probably for the same reason they don't cover it in Israel, because long-term effects have not been proven or disproven. Certain (maybe all) private Insurance will cover those meds though.

Not really,the only reason you don't get keppra in Israel its because its expensive unlike other drugs...the condition is to fail 2-3 drugs before you get the keppra.

Even when you do get approved you first get the generic and if it does trouble like it did to me you can try to get the brand.

That actually sounds like a very understandable way to do things.

I know in the US many people on this site have had trouble getting brand names when their insurance companies keep trying to get them to take generics.

Back
Top Bottom