For Anyone with Nocturnal Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

A single dose of magnesium and calcium often do the trick for me, helping me sleep better.

@Bidwell,

Yes, it is good to be actually *doing* something about it.

He did start to go into "The Spiel" at first, the talk that he has probably given to thousands of patients and has memorized.

"A seizure is an electrical storm in your brain....yada yada....check for things like tumors....yada yada......brain waves.....yada yada......and then there are some seizures which do not have any cause that we can find...."

I interrupted him at that point and said, "Do you mean idiopathic seizures or P.N.E.S.?" and his jaw dropped for a second but then he dropped The Spiel and upped his vocabulary. From then on it was a really good appointment.

A single dose of magnesium and calcium often do the trick for me, helping me sleep better.
I do take Magnesium L-Theonate and I find it helps a lot.

Do you find that the combination of the calcium and the Mg is significantly better?

AlohaBird, I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall to have heard you and the neurologist going at it! I bet he felt perkier all day!

Back
Top Bottom