anyone taking supplement for the liver

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jyearta

New
Reaction score
I want to ask if anyone is taking a supplement for the liver.

I know that all our medic. (food) go through the liver with the exception of nasal spray.

I might be off track - but my immune system does not work anymore.

I digging trying to find how to help myself. Drs. DON'T

First of all, even nasal sprays go through the liver. Anything that reaches your blood goes through the liver.

Milk thistle as well as other herbs have been thought to help liver but been proven not to. I used to take it for my liver but after lots of research have found that there really is no supplement that helps the liver.
What is Protandim? It’s a combination of Milk thistle, Bacopa extract, Ashwagandha, Green tea extract, and Turmeric extract. I looked these up in the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. None of them is known to have any significant clinical benefit from antioxidant effects. Some of them are listed as “not enough information” to know if they are safe. One has estrogenic properties and more than one has known side effects and potential interactions with other drugs.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?s=Milk+thistle

Also, the liver is only a part of the innate immune system which doesn't really do as much for our long-lasting immunity
The innate immune system comprises the cells and mechanisms that defend the host from infection by other organisms in a non-specific manner. This means that the cells of the innate system recognize and respond to pathogens in a generic way, but unlike the adaptive immune system, it does not confer long-lasting or protective immunity to the host.[1] Innate immune systems provide immediate defense against infection, and are found in all classes of plant and animal life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_immune_system

Last edited:
I continue to believe in supplementing the liver. The liver is a complex organ that plays a key role in most metabolic processes, especially detoxification.

Back
Top Bottom