askapatient.com

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
A good place to find out others experience with any medication. I've learned a lot from reading posts on this site. A lot more than I ever did from doctors about medication or the papers they give you on the side effects. It's really interesting to find out what other conditions your meds are used for. Thought I'd share.

Yes, I'm fond of that site. I especially like that you can choose to view responses based on the length that a particular drug has been used by the patient -- very helpful if you're trying to get a sense of longer-term side effects and efficacy.

Thanks for the tip! One thing for people to note is that site does attract more people with negative experiences with the drug who want to vent. It's scared the crap out of me before I have started every medication--so I would read with a little caution and awareness that the pool of respondents is a little tipped toward those displeased with their experiences. It's still a good reference for understanding the possible side effects that go beyond what the high level med sites will tell you, so I use it for that. If I went solely on the reviews there though on AEDs I probably would never have started any med :)

Good point on all accounts. Look at the site as a precaution or informative not as all the horrible things WILL happen. Everyone reacts different, what works for one may not for the other, what works now may not a few days/months/years from now. It's best to be informed, not afraid to try.

drugs.com is awesome on so many levels - but it seems to almost promote specific types of drugs I find.

Back
Top Bottom