Aura today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RanMan

Too Much Experience with Epilepsy
Reaction score
Hi ~ This feels really weird to me.
I had an aura today, in fact, I'm having it right now.
I'm aware of what's going non around me but I can't respond.
(I can type though-but very slow)

I went out for breakfast with my family like I do every Sunday (nothing out of the ordinary) and when I got home I noticed that everything was (is) moving in slow motion and I feel light headed but what's really weird ~ I'm also having an outer body experience. It feels like I'm outside looking in at myself. I feel a headache comming.

My first granmal seizure was in 1979, then nothing 'til 2002, 2004 with lots of petit mals in between.
My wife says I should go and lay down.

Do you think it's because the stress of the holidays is over and the body is in more of a relaxed mode ~ the body's natural defenses are down, the epilepsy becomes more vulnarable?

BTW ~ it took me 20 mins.to type this.

Randy

Do you think it's because the stress of the holidays is over and the body is in more of a relaxed mode ~ the body's natural defenses are down, the epilepsy becomes more vulnarable?

Randy

I find it's usually stress that precipitates seizures.

I went through something similar recently (this happens occasionally) for a day where I felt "off"- not an aura but I did have 7 partial seizures that day & when I wasn't seizing I felt an odd, unescribable sensation & had trouble focusing or concentrating. I have noticed that these things usually happen in the winter/fall months. My theory is that it might have to do with being exposed to less light or just less physical activity.

Hope this passes quickly for you,

Eric

Eric

Eric:

That makes perfect sence since the sun and moon cotrol the tides and water flows around the world and the human body is made up of mostly water, it (sunlight) logically must have some sort of affect on our body.

Randy

Sorry to

hear of what's going on Randy. I hope it goes away soon......the aura, I mean.....

Hope you are feeling better.
I was reading recently how perhaps we shouldn't see STRESS as the trigger, but rather as stress will lower the threshold so that something going on in the body can trip you into seizure mode.

Vitamin D is needed and is one vitamin lower in the system during the winter months We are not out in the sunshine as much, or sun is simply not available in many parts of the world.

Is something acting up internally that is pushing you into having an aura. Did you consume different foods over the holiday?

Hope you are feeling better very soon.

As my screen-name implies, I do understand where you are coming from...

The "out of body experience" is one of the creepiest (for lack of a better word) auras I have.

Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest as the holidays can be so very taxing on the body (and as I often tell family and friends, when it comes to stress...my body can't tell the difference between good stress, like the holidays, and bad stress, like work...they both have an equal likelyhood of causing seizures). :twocents:

Wishing you a seizure-free tomorrow. :) -Julie

Randy,

So sorry you had experienced this!

If you looked at the Poll Aura / Auras,
I have posted in there....

But what you have described, I have
experienced it myself too, to a degree
except I am there, but not there. I did
not "have exactly an out of body"
experience, but I do feel as if my body
is departing or floating away and I feel
like I have to go and catch it? A weird
way of illustrating it!

:?

As implied, Aug/Sept ---> Feb/Mar are
hideous months for me; and now the
Doctors not only have seen it historically
but they see it associated as in part to
Seasonal changes. I can't tolerate cold,
and plus, I am a "sun-baby".

Here in Florida - weather is unstable during
those months - one day it can be T-shirt and
shorts; and the next day, you are bundled
up like you are in Alaska! I cannot tolerate
the sudden temperature changes (aka
climate changes) that quickly, and it trips
me off.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the
"Holidays" - Neuroscience is beginning to
look into SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder),
for some people with Epilepsy are more prone
to specific "season(s)" of the year.

To some, Fall & Winter can be a nightmare;
and it's vice versa to others - where Spring
& Summer are nightmares! Others, it effects
them all year round regardless.

I am curious as to what their findings and results
would turn up on this.

Moreover, I know this one thing; Medications
do not cure Epilepsy nor does it stop it completely
and we will experience something from time to
time ~ especially for those who are intractable
or refractory. (But then of course there's those
lucky ones where meds have halted it altogether!)
It's got to be really frustrating!

:?

Sorry to hear you are experiencing seizure activity. :( I hope it is transient and does not become a habit.

Back
Top Bottom