Auras, seizure threshold, and sleep

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jun

New
Reaction score
I find that generally preceding my seizure, I have auras and a heightened state of arousal/alertness. The auras usually start the day of the seizure, so I was curious to know, does sleeping through the night reset your brain to the higher seizure threshold and get rid of auras or do some of you have experience when the auras you were facing the day before, continue through the next day (assuming the seizure hasn't happened yet)

Many many thanks for any commens!

My auras are partial seizures (they have never progressed to any other type of seizure) and frequently before I was on meds they would last most of the day and I would wake up the next day and they would still be going on. It was usually brought on by some kind of infection.

I consider my auras partials. They may last a few minutes or longer then usually go on to a complex. I've never had them go on a day before a seizure or the whole day of it.

I know if I don't get enough sleep I will tend to have a seizure the next day.

I'm lucky to even have an aura which isn't that often.Klonopin when I was on it I usually didn't have an aura.

Back
Top Bottom