Back to work tomorrow

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kirsten

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I have to start working again tomorrow after what I think has been a two month hiatus. I'm going into my second week on Neurontin (my memory's a train wreck, so I could be wrong.) I haven't been waking up with post ictal headaches and I'm feeling optimistic about the Neurontin because of that, but my neurologist has told me we can only reassess at the end of March--a long way away in comparison to the way other doctors have approached meds changes with me in the past. I've been struggling to sit up for over an hour--I start feeling ill and then I start feeling panicky because I feel ill, so having to actually work is intimidating. Still having partials but not as many as I was having. They do still make me feel really exhausted, though. And with my brain being as silly as it is right now, I'm scared of losing clients by working. But on the positive side, I did get an order today for two hours' work that will pay me the equivalent of a full day's work, so that will make my first day a touch easier to deal with (and six hours shorter.) On the negative side, it's come from a client I've established over two years and I care about losing long term clients. If it was a short term client, frankly I wouldn't care too much at all. So I'm quite stressed about it, and I'm trying to handle the entire week right now instead of taking it one day at a time.

You'll do great. Do you have the type of relationship with your clients whet it's okay to mention in passing that you're sorry if you seem a bit off? Sometimes I'll say something in passing to a client, but only of we have that type of relationship and I don't give them full detail. As for your doctor, that might be a good thing. He's giving you plenty of time to adjust to the meds. I got put on my current dose of meds in January and unless something goes wrong my neurologist doesn't want me back until the end of April.

Thankfully I never see or speak to my clients--they're in the US and I'm in SA. We email, and it's easy to be friendly and healthy in an email when you feel like biting heads off. I'm going to make an effort not to do any work for the clients who need more attention. Maybe I've been spoiled in the past with my doctors. At least I do get to see my psychiatrist next week and she works with my neuro with my meds, so I can also talk to her about what's happening with them. It's good to hear about your neuro, though, because in the past my doctors used to change me to new meds over only a couple of weeks, so I was feeling quite uncertain about this neuro's approach.

Yeah mine is great. Apparently he's the guy the send air force pilots to when they need to me approved to go back into service. I really trust him and if our doctors have the same approach I'd be inclined to trust yours too. :)

I know that my neuro is considered one of the two best ones in my area, so I guess I should pay attention to that and quit feeling so insecure. Besides, he's sexy and wears purple shirts, so he deserves a good chance. :D

I know that my neuro is considered one of the two best ones in my area, so I guess I should pay attention to that and quit feeling so insecure. Besides, he's sexy and wears purple shirts, so he deserves a good chance. :D

:roflmao:

You got me going on that one! I wish I had something to look at when I went for my appointments! :pfft:

Hahaha! You may have just made my day and it's only 9am.

He's nothing compared to the neuro who does my ambulatory EEGs though. A week ago I actually googled him to see if he'd gone into private practice (he hasn't). :cry: And when you're doing in-hospital EEGs, you hardly look good yourself, so it was far from ideal. But every time he walked into my room I just about fell over from sighing too much.

He's nothing compared to the neuro who does my ambulatory EEGs though. A week ago I actually googled him to see if he'd gone into private practice (he hasn't). :cry: And when you're doing in-hospital EEGs, you hardly look good yourself, so it was far from ideal. But every time he walked into my room I just about fell over from sighing too much.

You've got to stop. I've already had 1 stroke in this life time that's enough. I might have another though if I don't stop laughing and dreaming of what could be. lol :noevil:

I had a rougher early week last week and was put on a new med on top of my other two and was concerned about going to work too, since I really felt off. I did feel off in the morning, but found the energy of working slowly made me feel better and got me back in the groove. Maybe you will find that working helps pick you up!!

Good to hear, Lindsay. I've also just packed a med on top of another two. I think you might be right.

Where do you find these doctors? Ask mine are older men.:pop:

You sure know when to bring out the popcorn. I think it's karma--since I never have any family to visit me in hospital, the universe is making up for it with sexy neuros. My first neuro was old and ugly and the neurosurgeon who'll do my op way into the future is also not so hot. Just these two--my current neuro and the neuro at the ward are hot. Actually, they're the only sexy doctors I've ever had. My psych is pretty but I don't swing that way so it doesn't do me any good. Ah...let's not forget the psychologist I saw once years ago--he was too gorgeous to even be my therapist, so I decided not to see him again.

Well, the work day actually went really well. I got some late orders so I ended up earning more than I do on a healthy day, and I'm chuffed with myself.

Glad your day went well. I often think that if someone who looked like Dan Stevens (before he got the bad black hair) would show up I'd be set, but hey, you can't always get what you want. :p

Update: This back to work thing seems to be charmed. I just got a contract offer that would double the salary I'll be able to pay myself. Just have to do a few trial pieces tomorrow, and then I'll have the yes or the no.

My energy has been amazing. Lots of absence seizures and lots of gibberish typing but no exhaustion and no feeling horrible, so things are really going so much better than I'd hoped. I'm completely stunned. Obviously the break was needed and lasted as long as it needed to.

Update: This back to work thing seems to be charmed. I just got a contract offer that would double the salary I'll be able to pay myself. Just have to do a few trial pieces tomorrow, and then I'll have the yes or the no.

My energy has been amazing. Lots of absence seizures and lots of gibberish typing but no exhaustion and no feeling horrible, so things are really going so much better than I'd hoped. I'm completely stunned. Obviously the break was needed and lasted as long as it needed to.

Amazing! Keep looking up!

Back
Top Bottom