Bed wetting for the 1st time

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Greetings all.

I wet the bed last night, for the first time in my life - seemingly for no apparent reason. I'm a 43 year old female. I have never had any issues with my bladder.

I have had tonic clonic and partial seizures, but I have never lost bladder control - ever. I am taking keppra and haven't had a seizure in about 8 months.

I'm guessing that a seizure crept in while I was sleeping. I can't afford to see a doctor at the moment, just wanted to see if this has happened to others.

Many thanks.

Once when I had a TC in the middle of the night.

Yes, I lose bladder control every time I have a seizure (they are tonic/clonics).
In Oct after a t/c I also lost bowel control(first time that had happened & I hope the last)

It happens... Went through a bout of it last year and started happening again last week, could be seasonal change effecting me or recent head injury, I suggest good quality adult diapers till it is under control, might be embarrassing, but it beats washing all your bedding.

Back
Top Bottom