Been a while

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gnault

New
Reaction score
:e:
Hey everybody,
It's been quite a while since I have been on the forum. Still dealing forging a new or rediscovered life without my wife. Almost 15 months since she passed away. I'm trying to be as smart as I can but still not getting great sleep. Some nights I only get maybe 5 1/2 to 6 hrs or less. Most of it has to do with grief.
I have taken up hiking and running and today I ran my first 10 K (6 mile) race. Which went quite good. I find with everything that I am doing I am trying to work within certain limits. I'm a single parent now and if I have a seizure that leads to other problems not good for my family. I know that there have been a few times I must hit some limits. I had some extreme vertigo sitting at my desk at work. It lasted about 4 or 5 seconds. During my race today I actually had to change my pace a few times. I felt like I was overheating and at one point it actually felt like my head was vibrating. It felt really weird. I walked for a while and felt better after I got some water not long afterwards.

Just thought I post a hi to see how some of the other regulars of the forum are doing.

Gilles

39496785_10156315235640609_1915866932288946176_n.jpg

Glad you checked back in. So many members come and go from the forums. It's nice when they return and say hello.

Sounds like you are managing the best you can given less than optimal circumstances. Cheers for that.

Hi Gilles -- Congrats on taking up running and completing the 10K. Exercise can be a terrific part of physical and emotional self-care. Hopefully it will help you sleep better too.

Back
Top Bottom