Behavior problems and Lamictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I took Lamictal for a short period of time. During that time, my lymph nodes were the size of golf balls, I stopped eating, I lost 50 lbs, very lethargic (sp), didn't want to do anything, fighting with my husband, etc. I went to the ER three times to be told it as Mono, with a normal CBC panel, I finally went to my PCP and within 20 minutes I was at my neurologists office with a rash on my chest, neck, back, thighs and arms. I am scarred from the rash and it is black listed for me. This happened in a matter of two weeks.

So I quit taking it and finally learned ways to control them on my own.
You wouldn't mind letting me borrow a few of those ideas on how, would you? My problem is, I'm convinced my body has been "babysat" by these drugs for so many years, my body has forgotten how to handle itself. (If you sat in a wheelchair for 20 years, your body would forget how to walk, why would the inside of your body be any different is my theory ....despite what M.D.'s -let alone the drug companies- want everyone to believe!) I've been into natural/Eastern medicine for years, but could use any advice/tricks anyone has up their sleeve. :)

Back
Top Bottom