blood pressure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

aprilg

New
Reaction score
I just want to know if blood pressure has a lot to do with seizures. My doctor insists on me seeing her for a physical because I am having side effects of dizziness because of my meds. The physical basically involves her checking my weight, blood pressure, and looking at my eyes. I don't understand why she can't just tell me to increase or decrease my meds over the phone. That is the only thing she has ever done when I have driven an hour to her office. She either tells me to get my bloods levels checked, or asks me if I've had any seizures, if not to come back in six months and if so, check blood levels and increase pills by 50-100mg. Honestly, I can do that myself. She would just need to call in the order for blood levels. Then tell me over the phone if I should increase or decrease.

That is just my rant because I am dizzy twice a day for 2-4 hours. Driving isn't much of an option because when I am not dizzy I am home with a sleeping baby and can't leave, or it is too late to get to the office before it closes. So the question is...do I really have to have an office visit to check my blood pressure or can she just help me with a phone visit. In which she will still get paid.

she should be able to do her job over the phone providing she has the means to do so. but maybe she wants to do a physical to check the other possiblities, as to me, this doesnt sound like meds.

sounds like something physical for it to happen twice a day for that long makes me think that it is either blood pressure or blood sugar causing. as med side effects are sporadic in occurance and duration.

Hey, April,

My doc lets me see one that is close by for the physical check, then talks to me over the phone. Maybe yours would agree to a similar agreement?

It definitely is because of the Lamotrogine. Thirty minutes after I take it I get dizzy for 2-3 hours - no matter when I take it. I finally realized it was my pills and not hypoglycemia when I took my pills in the afternoon one day (as opposed to when waking up) and my dizziness never happened until immediately after I took my pills.

The doc decided to call in an order to have my blood levels tested. We'll see where my levels are and decide what to do from there. She will do a phone visit with me at that point. I know she is a good doc and wants to help me. Sometimes I just get sick of dealing with doctors all the time.

btw - I checked my blood pressure at a local store and they are great. I will check again after I take my pills and get dizzy. I am curious to see if my pills affect my blood pressure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom