Blood in urine

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ, I had a flexible cystoscopy just the other week and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a bit cringeworthy but hardly felt a thing - in fact it was less uncomfortable than a cervical smear test - and it was really quick.

I have an ultrasound next week and I'm dreading it far more because I hate having a full bladder.

Honestly, it really will be fine.

CQ, I had a flexible cystoscopy just the other week and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a bit cringeworthy but hardly felt a thing - in fact it was less uncomfortable than a cervical smear test - and it was really quick.

I have an ultrasound next week and I'm dreading it far more because I hate having a full bladder.

Honestly, it really will be fine.
Thankyou Jane :),

I just tend to get nervous easily & worry to much usually about silly things. I have had paspmear tests before, didn't like them either lol. The urologist did say it was similar to a paps test & you might just feel a scrap.

Good luck with the ultrasound, the full bladder is a pain in the backside.
When I had my ultrasound last month I had an xray aswell, I was booked in for the xray 1st then have the ultrasound 1/2 hour later. When I made my appt I was told to drink so many glasses of water about an hour before my appt. I filled my bladder up earlier then I was told because I had to walk to the hospital & have the xray 1st.

By the time I had my xray & was waiting to have the ultrasound I was busting to go to the toilet so I went up to the reception to ask if it would be long & said 'I don't suppose I can sneak of to the loo' lol. The receptionist clarified it wouldn't be long & told me that I could go to the loo but only to let a tiny bit out lol. When I had the ultrasound done the ultrasound person did my bladder 1st then let me go to the toilet then did my kidneys.
She was amazed how full my bladder was & told me maybe next time I shouldn't drink so much. I thought I only drank what I was told by teh receptionist when I made my appt lol.

The noise might be tinnitus (which can take the form of ringing, buzzing, whooshing, beeping, clicking, etc.). Some anti-seizure meds can cause it and others can treat it. So maybe the tegretol was treating it, and the noise has shown up since you've gone off the med.
The funny noise is so hard to describe, it's not really a buzzing noise but it is strange & usually only happens when my head feels funny.
When I used to have partial seizures my aura was always a strange dream but often I'd also have a funny noise in my head.

I rang the hospital before & i have to be at day surgery at 7.30am Tomorrow for my procedure.

Last edited:
An early start! Will be thinking of you.. will check you out tomorrow night (British Summer Time) :)

I had to be at the hospital at 7:30am this morning & I went in to have the procedure at 8:45am. The staff at the hospital were all really nice which made me a little less nervous.

The procedure went well & nothing showed up so I don't have to see the urologist again. He told me that 85% of the time the blood in the urine is nothing to worry about but it's still good to have it checked out.

The urologist told me that he would like me to still go to the GP once a year for routine blood/urine tests. He was going to send a letter to the GP with his findings.

I had one of my funny feelings this morning (feel funny in the head & strange noise) but it was only really short. I am sure it was just because I was nervous, I think now the procedure is over & done with the funny feelings will hopefully reduce.

So glad it was nothing to worry about. (Even though you worried about it).
I think now the procedure is over & done with the funny feelings will hopefully reduce.
I hope they go away too. Keep us posted!

I'm sure you've been through an anxious time, to say the least. Don't be surprised to have some 'funny' moments as you let go of the anxiety. I'm pleased nothing serious was found. It cannot be stress free finding blood in your urine - I hope you can relax a bit now.

I've got an ultrasound on the 22nd - bloated tummy and back pain. I'm not worried at all because I've had quite a few procedures lately. Perhaps I should be - maybe closer to the time lol. :)

I'm sure you've been through an anxious time, to say the least. Don't be surprised to have some 'funny' moments as you let go of the anxiety. I'm pleased nothing serious was found. It cannot be stress free finding blood in your urine - I hope you can relax a bit now.

Thanks Nich,
These funny feelings started when I was under extreme stress in my old job. My neurologist/neuropsych/e nurse all told me that the funny feeling was my brains way of dealing with stress. I tend to have these funny feelings more when I get stressed so find ways to reduce the stress to help reduce the funny feelings.

I wasn't actually to stressed about the blood in the urine, the thing that really stressed me out was the thought of the cystocopy lol. Now I've had it done & know it was nothing I should be fine if I ever have to have it done again lol.

I've got an ultrasound on the 22nd - bloated tummy and back pain. I'm not worried at all because I've had quite a few procedures lately. Perhaps I should be - maybe closer to the time lol. :)
Good luck with your ultrasound.

Thank you CQ :)

Stess is strange - isn't it? I had a seizure the other day without realizing I was stressed - but I was. I put it down the the hot weather - I find it difficult to 'sleep things off' when it's so hot.
:)

Back
Top Bottom