Brain Slows At 40?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey now

I'm only TWENTY ONE!!!

*snicker snicker* :roflmao::roflmao::bigsmile::bigmouth:

This past Wednesday, when I went to the Epileptologist, he was asking me memory questions.

Well, most of the time, the memory is in my brain somewhere, it's just that my recall isn't that fast.

He asked me who the president was, and of course, I said, "Obama." Then he asked me "and before that?" I said, "Bush"
Before that? I said "Bush again"...he kept pushing for previous presidents...I couldn't recall past Bush...so I kept saying "Bush again" and "again."

(Seems Bush was in office a long time) :roflmao: Finally, I told him to let me think for a minute (all I could come up with was Reagan)...finally I spit out "Clinton!"

Amazingly, when he gave me four words to remember and an hour later asked me what they were...I was able to tell him all four of them correctly! Yet, the only president I could recall was Bush...and five minutes later Reagan? :noevil:

Good grief, memory/recall is very complex!:agree:

-Julie

Hi seizures4ever

That is great!! I would have said Bush several times, too. His father was President as well.
I know Clinton was in there somewhere, but I do not remember if it was between the 2 Bush presidencies or before. You did great!! I would have said the same thing.

Sometime before that if was Reagan and Carter. I do not remember the order. I remember George Washington, Bush 2 terms and Bush 2 terms. What a family business.

it was

Bush for 2 terms, Clinton two, daddy Bush 1, Reagan 2, Carter 1, Ford, Nixon(you gotta remember him. Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman FDR, Hoover.
The only ones we remember, besides Kennedy are the republicans.

Meetz

I am not going to touch that one with a ten-foot pole. If you are 21, then I am 17.

I think

http://www.socyberty.com/
I found an all round informative site. I was searching for brain exercises. I haven't thoroughly looked at the site, but it does not seem to be devoted to just brain exercises.

Back
Top Bottom