brand name medication

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Does anyone here have to get the name brand drugs? I have tried the Neurontin generic & could not tell it helped my partial seizures & migraines at all. I have been getting Brand for several years & paying a lot but feel it is worth it.

Now suddenly my insurance will not approve it & I can't afford to pay the total cost. They listen to nothing my doc says. Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them? Thanks.

Hi Emee,

I've had to take a couple brand name meds for them to work like Diamox Seaquels and Tegretol which I no longer take.

I have insurance but my employer wants me to get it by mail but I'm refusing to since the co. they are making me deal with has over $15 Billion in lawsuits on them and over 2000 complaints as of June 2017. I had to have it out with the co. that is messing everything up and I told them I would take legal action. The moment I told them that they changed there tune and let this go back to the way they were for me so I can get my meds at the prices I was in the past. Just tell them you will take legal action or get the Medical Conduct Board after them and take my word they will change their way.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thanks for reply. I'm glad you resolved your problem.

The mail order pharmacy I use has given me info on how to follow up with my complaint. I feel it would be useless but I may pursue it anyway. I'm dealing with Medicare & my doctor has already spent a lot of time trying to convince them & it didn't change anything.

Back
Top Bottom