breakthrough seizure-stress?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Can stress cause breakthrough seizures? Josh has been taking his medicine daily (finally got a pill box so he wouldn't miss a dose) but he had a seizure at work the day after thanksgiving......we had been going though a tremendous amount of stress that week and a half- our dog got very sick and she passed away a couple days before thanksgiving. josh and soph were like soulmates (if a dog and person can be soulmates).....so i don't know if the stress maybe brought on the seizure?

Yes, it definetly can, I know from my own experience I am a very stressful person unfornutely.

Stress is right up at the top of the list for triggers. That and sleep...

Oh yeah!.....

Do anything you can (without stressing yourself out more of course!) to keep stress down!

Throw caution to the wind and play hookey from work one day for the sheer fun of life for a change!

Listen to music!

Listen to your heartbeat!

Try and enjoy life!...it still rocks!
:rock:

Peace

A little reminder that that means good stress and bad stress. Some days I get so happy and dance and have all the energy in the world to clean the house, everything. Then I come down from it. Bam seizure. I hope I don't sound negative. For my son at school I tell the nurses and teachers that stress can go both ways. Both can make you tired and take your energy.

A little reminder that that means good stress and bad stress. Some days I get so happy and dance and have all the energy in the world to clean the house, everything. Then I come down from it. Bam seizure. I hope I don't sound negative. For my son at school I tell the nurses and teachers that stress can go both ways. Both can make you tired and take your energy.

^^ :agree: :clap:

I've had it where I used to get really excited as a child, and crash,bang,wallop...there's a seizure.

Now that I'm older, mine are definitely triggered through stress (usually work related), and the other killer for me is tiredness.

People make it sound so easy though by pointing out how to control stress, but when you're there, in that moment, it really is a pig to control

Back in my 20s, we thought we had found a pattern with my sz where I would have them a couple of days after a stressful period, not during the stress itself. For example, a couple of days into a vacation.

That pattern did not hold true through the later years. They became very erratic (pattern/triggers).

I am kind of like that. When my son is having seizures and there are crazy things going on at school, that is when I am at my best. I can just pull myself together and do it. Being a single parent has something to do with it to. Plus it takes a lot to get me stressed out. I pretty much just go with the flow.

Back
Top Bottom