'Build-up' and a 'driving response'?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

elizzza811

Stalwart
Reaction score
I pulled this from my questionable EEG...

Hyperventilation produced build-up.

Photo stimulation produced a driving response. There was one occasion of spike-and-slow waves and possible spike waves seen in bilateral temporal region, primarily with predominance in the right temporal region with phase reversal at T6 and F8. There also was sharp waves seen in the left temporal at F7 and T3.

Should hyperventilation produce 'build-up'? Is that normal?

Also, is a 'driving response' a normal response to photo stimulation?

I ask because maybe they can photo stimulate me during a video EEG to make me seizure faster, since mine are so far apart? I know I've already felt weird driving down a tree-lined road with the sun shining through the limbs.

I would assume that a driving response from photo-stimulation shows photosensitivity.

I'm not sure what is meant by "buildup" but I do know that hyperventilation can provoke a seizure in some people.

I definitely am light and sun sensitive. I avoid certain stores, like Walmart, because of the fluorescent lighting, and I have trouble with morning and afternoon sunlight.

Certain colors seem to bug me lately, too...not that they produce seizures or anything, but they make me feel agitated or something? Pink and yellow are ones that bug me year round. And certain times of the year purple, turquoise, and orange can. Other times I crave purple, orange, and turquoise, mostly in the fall and winter. Greys, browns, and navy never cause me any problems.

And I was reading that certain colors and/or patterns can be seizure triggers with some people? Even sounds?

Reflex Epilepsy:
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1187259-overview

In the winter, hearing my heater kick on can trigger immediate sweats, seconds after it kicks on, so I know the sweats aren't from an actual temperature rise in the room. Also, stepping out of the shower, even when it's freezing, can actually cause me to sweat? Other times, stepping into a warm shower or bath, even when it's cold out and feels good, can cause me to sweat. Most of the sweat seems to be 'upper body' sweats and they are profuse, and they primarily encompass the base of my skull, my chest, and my armpits?

Back
Top Bottom